Fishing and Dock Talk > Crappie Questions

Night fishing

(1/2) > >>

rdbrn:
What kind of lights do you guys recommend, I have a 12 volt floating light and it draws the shad around it but I've had no luck. How deep do you fish under the light? Any advice will be appreciated.....

Fish Hawk:
green colored lights work the best. fish from just a few feet below the light to the bottom(depends on what depth fish are at) good luck

cousinlll:
I have a combination of different lights that I use.

First is the Aurora by Jumping Cholla www.jumpingchollajigs.com

I also have an Aquastar 1oo watt halagen www.fishinglightsetc.com/AquaStar.html

Here's another option - www.hydroglow.com/products.html

Some say to fish the dark area/shadows that's around your lights.  Even say to put the lights out on the opposite side of the boat from the side you fish from.  Jury is still out on that so you be the judge.  

LLL

AZfisherdude:

--- Quote from: cousinlll on July 13, 2010, 06:27 PM ---I have a combination of different lights that I use.

First is the Aurora by Jumping Cholla www.jumpingchollajigs.com

I also have an Aquastar 1oo watt halagen www.fishinglightsetc.com/AquaStar.html

Here's another option - www.hydroglow.com/products.html

Some say to fish the dark area/shadows that's around your lights.  Even say to put the lights out on the opposite side of the boat from the side you fish from.  Jury is still out on that so you be the judge.  

LLL

--- End quote ---
So are you saying that you catch equally in the light and on the edges? Also, do you use both lights at the same time then?

cousinlll:

Yep, I hang all the lights over the side at the same time.  Don't have an opinion as to which light is better.  As far as the catch rate in the light vs. shadows goes, that's just something I read.  It did seem, however, that on my last San Carlos trip the bigger fish were caught in the shadows. I'm still new at this night fishing game so still trying to figure things out.

LLL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version