Author Topic: Crappie from shore?  (Read 4270 times)

Offline davedna

Crappie from shore?
« on: July 17, 2010, 11:57 AM »
Hi All! I am new to this forum...hoping to learn alot! I grew up fishing with my dad and we used to bring home boatloads of crappie in San Angelo, TX. Now I live out here in Chandler, and I am trying to learn how to do this fishing thing here in the desert.

Is it possible to fish for crappie from the shore? We met a couple of guys who were fishing from a pier one night. We don't have a boat....so that limits us somewhat. Is it possible to fish for crappie from the shore?

Thanks for your help!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Crappie from shore?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 12:34 PM »
most lakes are hard to fish from shore for crappie except in the spring, the one good exception is bartlett lake, it has a large fishing pier in rattlesnake cove with lots of man made underwater habitat and there you can catch crappie right off the fishing dock. Other lakes around the state have fishing docks but some of those lakes have either little or no crappie. Other area for crappie (but it again is more of a spring time bite) is up in castle creek at pleasant up where the road crosses over the upper lake, lots of people will catch crappie there especially in the spring.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 08:39 AM »
most lakes are hard to fish from shore for crappie except in the spring, the one good exception is bartlett lake, it has a large fishing pier in rattlesnake cove with lots of man made underwater habitat and there you can catch crappie right off the fishing dock. Other lakes around the state have fishing docks but some of those lakes have either little or no crappie. Other area for crappie (but it again is more of a spring time bite) is up in castle creek at pleasant up where the road crosses over the upper lake, lots of people will catch crappie there especially in the spring.

Preach!

I know of several guys night fishing on the dock at Rattlesnake and doing well. They use green crappie lights with a motorcycle battery to power them.

Offline davedna

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 11:14 AM »
 :) I think we met up with those guys one night when we were up at Bartlett. I thought I read something in the fishing report that said that Rattlesnake Cove pier was closed for maintenance? ...indefinitely?? maybe I have that info wrong....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal