Author Topic: powell camping trip.  (Read 9693 times)

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
powell camping trip.
« on: July 19, 2010, 08:05 AM »
thinking of late sept camping trip to powell. wed to sun, 3 or 4th wkend. thinking hite or bullfrog camping. dont know anything about area but hope to get slabs and eyes. anyone interested? anyone know the campgrounds any info would be helpful. ffm may join me n the rats. 8)

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: powell camping trip.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 10:19 AM »
I've been wanting to check out Powell also.  Like you Rats, i have never camped or been on the lake.  Drove past it a lot - does that count?  Thought some of the Powell "experts" were going to organize a trip for the club sometime.  But I know that people are busy & everyday life can get in the way of a lot of things.

Have been doing a bit of research on the subject the past few months.  In talking with a couple guys I work with, both attended an outing with the Walleye guys this spring with one being a member, seems like Halls Crossing might be a good place to start out at.  Halls Crossing has two campgrounds, one regular camp with no hookups (No Reservations) along with a RV park with hookups where you can make a reservation. Here is a link: www.lakepowell.com/rv-and-camping/campground.aspx

Another option I was told about was the "Family Units" at Halls Crossing.  Guess they are basically double wide mobile homes and are pretty nice, so I was told by my co-workers.  Here is a link: www.lakepowell.com/accomodations/family-accommodations.aspx

That's all I got for you.  Both my co-workers said they had a great time there with the lodging being nice and the boat ramp facilities were nice also.

Don't know what time of year would be best.  I was thinking more early October though.

LLL
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:24 AM by cousinlll »

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Only been to Powell on houseboats and have only fished for stripers. I would love to try and get a trip out there for some camping and target crappie. I would definitely need to go with someone who's been before though so I'm not lost at that lake throwing at nothing.

wadefisherman

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 07:20 PM »
i'd be interested in doing a trip, I have only fished from bass at Powell, striped, LM and SM. I would love to fish for eyes and slabs.  :blob1:

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 06:43 AM »
now were talking. checked out the moon, we have a full moon thursday the 23 sept.  going to waynesword for more research but mymint service wont load his stuff lately, pisses me off to no end.  ill be back with more info soon.  thx for the help. if anyone knows dave mcall from the zone he appears to go there alot?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal