Author Topic: Anybody catching?  (Read 3592 times)

Offline AZfisherdude

Anybody catching?
« on: July 23, 2010, 12:26 PM »
I was thinking about hitting SC or maybe Bart next week. I haven't been hearing any reports of a crappie bite lately. Is anybody catching fish right now? I have been fishing on Sag and Apache recently but am itching to get some slabs. Any advice? Tips? Night bite? Anyone? Bueller? ;D

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
Re: Anybody catching?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 06:27 PM »
i hear sc at night south side by the damn. by god im going after walleye at apache. i let yall know. ju st heard the resort is full. well see how long the rats and i can last.

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 10:51 PM »
Good luck man. I caught my very first walleye up there a week or so ago. Cool lake but hell of a drive. I have never fished for walleye so I am sure you will do better but I was stoked to catch one. They are a cool looking fish. Some serious teeth on those guys. Didn't put up much a fight though. We kind of just dragged them in it seemed. My buddy caught one and I caught one.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 01:39 AM »
I went up to Erie a few years ago and limited out for 4 people in about an hour. Catching Walleye was a blast... and to be honest, I thought they were one of the best tasting fish I had ever had.

I heard people are catching big stripers at Pleasant... just fish deep with big gear! :)

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 05:13 PM »
just got back from apache no eyes. 4 nice bass and some little ones and a few yellows? cute little buggers. but no eyes.  glass citrus shad rap and a bandit in orange crush did the damage.  first bass was 3+ and didnt jump. i thought i had my first az walleye, ten feet out the thing flares and all i see is green. chit.  off the lake by 1. i thought the first yellow, i presume thats what they were striped 1/2 lbers with yellow tint, was a slab no dice. chit.  well i got that out of my system.  save the walleye hunt for sept at powell.  back to slabbing. im open in two weekends, thinking back to san carlos havent been since spring.

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 01:09 PM »
OK, I am bumping this one cause I am going fishing next Sunday. I'd like to get on some crappie if possible but SC is a long drive and it is expensive compared to other otions if it ain't happening. Anyone have any infos? Might try BArt if that is working or might go back to Apache after some walleyes again. Hell. I am tied with menrats right now for numbers so getting one up on him would be cool too :lol_hitting:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal