Author Topic: Find crappie on Jan 31 (Tues)  (Read 3472 times)

Offline Minnesota Dave

• Fire Up Video
Find crappie on Jan 31 (Tues)
« on: January 19, 2012, 10:11 AM »
I posted the below a few month back.   I am only a few weeks from coming to AZ and looks like I will have a day to go fishing.   Any one can tell me who is the crappie king and could put me and one or two additional associates on some AZ slabs?    Has it been warming up?   Or is Jan 31 too early?

HI AZ Crappie Crew,

I come to AZ in Feb for a National Health Summit in Phoenix.   I would love to try some of your lakes for large crappies.   I have looked over the web and found this site.  I believe you are all in this for the love of catching big crappies as I am.   So I thought I would reach out to you.

Where do I go,

Who do I contact

What can I expect.

I would love to give it a try but need to figure out how to make this happen.  Any help suggestions you can provide is appreciated.   Thanks...MN Dave
Minnesota Dave

Fishing Soft and Hard Water

Offline The Desert Rat

Re: Find crappie on Jan 31 (Tues)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 03:10 PM »
I am certainly not the Crappie King. However, I would be willing to give you a shot at hitting a few at Bartlett Lake, just east of Carefree---Google Bartlett Lake ,Az and Google Earth Bartlett Lake- ---the web site is OK and will give some basics--the lake level is 44 % right now--If your conference is in Phoenix , Bartlett is probably the best shot for a day trip--( Roosevelt is a hike and Alamo is further---San Carlos is UGLY (sorry guys)--)
If you want , fire off an e-mail and we can chat about options
david.emerick@yahoo.com
602-430-0166

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
Re: Find crappie on Jan 31 (Tues)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 06:31 AM »
crappie king? try to hook up with our resident pro guide art chamberlin for a guided rosey tour. the spawn will not be on yet nor has the prespawn stacking so the fish are spread out. thus numbers and a small pond are good. alamo and bartlett especially bartlett prob best. if looking for camping trip alamo is out in the middle of nowhere with great camping facilities. good luck. feel free to inquire just before you come down.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal