Author Topic: i pilot tip  (Read 3302 times)

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
i pilot tip
« on: January 20, 2012, 07:48 AM »
Not sure where to post this so lets start here. I have a new i pilot with "Advanced" auto pilot. Last week at Alamo, my partner said he didn't like the new motor. Every so often it would make a drastic adjustment and sometime tangle our lines. After some thought,,, I concluded that because the Advanced pilot sets GPS points on the track to keep you on a straighter line,, it needs to adjust every now and then to get back on that line. After I changed to standard autopilot (hold autopilot button down for 3 seconds. Circle goes away.) our problems were solved. Hope this helps.
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: i pilot tip
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 07:58 AM »
I typically used the advanced one and haven't had that problem.  I think your solution works though because then I think it's just sticking to a heading but not necessarily staying on track points it lined up before.  I love the iPilot.

Offline sandman

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 10:12 AM »
Depends on the wind has been my experience. Windy, I use standard. Calm, I use advanced.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 01:45 PM »
standard all the time

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 07:03 AM »
yep ive learned to use standard allmost all the time too. if i want some variance on the line ill put up the big engine and put on sattelite. i get fishtailing but it slows and speeds up the lines for fishy.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal