Author Topic: Pike at Willow Springs  (Read 18731 times)

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
Pike at Willow Springs
« on: July 27, 2010, 06:29 PM »
I seen a pic of 8.5lbs pike caught out of WS a couple of weekends ago. Just a FYI

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: Pike at Willow Springs
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 07:15 PM »
Say it isn't so Hawk!  I really like Pike fishing but do hope WS doesn't become the next Lake Mary or Ashurst.  Don't get me wrong, I spend a lot of time at Lake Mary due to Pike being in the lake but do think this news is not good.  People need to learn to leave the fish stocking to G&F along with mother nature.

LLL

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 10:06 AM »
Wow... well ain't that something. I wonder how long people have been catching them there. I find it hard to believe that a 8.5 was the 1st one being caught. Any idea what part of the lake it was caught at?

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 05:52 PM »
ooooooppssssssss. bad info. come to find out it was a different lake. thank god
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 05:54 PM by Fish Hawk »

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 10:16 PM »
oh boy! Had us all riled up for not reason. lol What lake was it they were actually talking about?

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 04:27 AM »
Fools Hollow

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 05:57 AM »
I believe that, I was up there a couple of weeks ago, and all the trout we pulled out were beat up by something out there. Didn't catch or hear of any pike coming out of there for the week I was there.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Whatagearhead

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 12:53 PM »
Fools Hollow

hmmm I might have to start going over there more since we spend most weekends in Overgaard in the summer.  Pike are fun and there are supposed to be walleye in there too.
Wanted: Total Conciousness

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 06:24 PM »

hmmm I might have to start going over there more since we spend most weekends in Overgaard in the summer.  Pike are fun and there are supposed to be walleye in there too.

I've heard of some monster pike (for AZ standards) being caught out of Fools Hollow. I've wanted to fish that lake for years but getting there is such a pain since it's so far for me. I think that like might have some walleye in it as well. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 12:54 PM »

I've heard of some monster pike (for AZ standards) being caught out of Fools Hollow. I've wanted to fish that lake for years but getting there is such a pain since it's so far for me. I think that like might have some walleye in it as well. Correct me if I'm wrong...
There are big Pike and Walleye in Show Low.. Fo Sho..
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal