Author Topic: Alamo 1/27  (Read 8883 times)

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
Re: Alamo 1/27
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 05:45 PM »
next time give us a holler well point ya in a direction thats paved. only apache is worth driving on dirt in this state.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 05:57 PM »
wow 58 degrees thats only 5 or so degrees away from love time for the crappie but there is a cold storm coming in next week so the water temp will probably drop. Thanks for the report.

We used to take the alamo lake road in off of 93 seems like you took the scenic cruise? they used to maintain and grade the road but in recent years they had quit doing it. It was quite a savings on time but man even back then you had to have a tight cover on the boat and stay spaced out when following and you still had a boat covered in dust. Last time we went that way the road was terrible washboard and had big ruts (after a wet winter) so we quit using it. Depending on where you live there is two good ways to alamo all paved and good speed getting there.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Peeps

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 08:21 AM »
I know of only one way to get to Alamo on a paved road and that is going North out of Wenden. Where is the other route?

Offline cookie

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 10:26 AM »
WENT TO ALAMO YESTERDAY 9TH AND CAUGHT 14 SLABS IN 2.5 HR THEN LAKE STARTED WHITE CAPPING AND SHUT DOWN.ONE MAN STARTED AT DAYLIGHT AND HAD 21 BY 8.30,I DIDNT GET THERE UNTIL 9.30,HAVE TO GET MY BEAUTY REST. MOST WERE FULL OF EGGS

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 10:29 AM »
Great news! Wonder what the front coming through next week will do? I might have to give it a go regardless.
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 02:09 PM »
I-10 if you live on the south east or south side
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Elefantdude

• I finally caught a nice Slab for my profile pic!
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 09:21 PM »
WENT TO ALAMO YESTERDAY 9TH AND CAUGHT 14 SLABS IN 2.5 HR THEN LAKE STARTED WHITE CAPPING AND SHUT DOWN.ONE MAN STARTED AT DAYLIGHT AND HAD 21 BY 8.30,I DIDNT GET THERE UNTIL 9.30,HAVE TO GET MY BEAUTY REST. MOST WERE FULL OF EGGS

Hey Peeps,
The "other" route I found was going north on 93 just past Wickenburg. Then making a left on a dirt road, called Date Creek Ranch Rd. It's badly labeled - I found it by mistake, by following my phone GPS! LOL! But it takes you to a T in the road and you would want to go right. It is labeled as Alamo Rd on Google Map, then turns into Wickenburg Rd as you get closer to Alamo Lake. It really widens up at that point and I was able to go 60mph :-) kicking up some nice dust trails!  BUT YOU DEFINITELY DO NOT WANT TO TRY THIS ROAD AFTER A GOOD RAINSTORM. Just an FYI  :-)

Here is the route I took:
http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1CHKZ_enUS440US440&q=Date+Creek+Rd+north+of+Wickenburg&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=KHZAT5r0LIKziQL41MHEAQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=3&ved=0CA8Q_AUoAg

Hope this helps!

EE
Cheers!!!
Ed Elefante
Tight Lines ............ <'))))»•{

Offline Elefantdude

• I finally caught a nice Slab for my profile pic!
Cheers!!!
Ed Elefante
Tight Lines ............ <'))))»•{

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal