Author Topic: WOW!  (Read 19698 times)

Offline Elefantdude

• I finally caught a nice Slab for my profile pic!
Re: WOW!
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 12:56 AM »
Nice catch! Someday for me  :-)
Cheers!!!
Ed Elefante
Tight Lines ............ <'))))»•{

Piscolli

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 01:08 AM »
Nice, how many did you get today  What was she caught on?

Only 2, Moby and a 2, 5. Moby on a gold shinner minnow slow trolled on a store bought "Crappie Rig", the 2 5 on a crank at about 1.4 mph
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 02:31 AM by Piscolli »

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 07:41 AM »
ah, bunch of weights in its mouth :lol_hitting: :lol_hitting:

Nice fish Billy, that is a toad hopefully with the lake still down and probably going to drop more this spring things will pick up, weather looks great in the backround

I was hoping to feel good enough to get out this week and now we have flakey weather today through wednesday :wtf: so I guess I will just dream :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 07:42 AM »
Nice slab Bill
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 07:46 AM »
Nice catch! Someday for me  :-)

Man, that looks good right there. 

Bill, nice catch (s) !  We were busy eating crappie at Marv and Mark's fish fry. 

Piscolli

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 07:58 AM »
It was a nice day but fishing was tough. I wish I'd have taken some pics of her back and belly. Huge shoulder and a massive belly, 2.75" thick. She is frozen now and awaiting a reply from my taxidermy. I cleaned the 2,5 and she had more eggs than I've ever seen.

I realize that a 3 isn't the biggest slab out there but they certainly don't get caught everyday. A Crappie that big is probably 5 years old and well past being a schooler. So catching is a "right time, right place" kind of thing. The last slab I caught over 3 was in Feb of 2007 about 100 yards from where I caught yesterday's monster. So I'm excited and feel very lucky, especially to have a buddy like Billy Hawk who put me on her.

Thanks for everthing Hawk!

Piscolli

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 08:02 AM »
Oh and needless to say, I have high hope for monster slabs at Rosey this spring. To have only caught 2 all day and for both to be lunkers, tells me there must be a lot of fish from the 07/ 08 spawns. Now that the lake is down, they are forced out of all the flooded trees and are feeding in open water.

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 10:19 AM »
Bill buddy pal
 Can you give me the gps quad's on the big pig.  :lol_hitting: :3some:
j/k
Timbo

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 10:47 AM »
yes billy nice slab dude. that was billys fish bro did you grab his rod from him. where were you dude. congrats man you rock.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 12:22 PM »
Thanks for everthing Hawk!
[/quote]

Your welcome. But I think its the pole holder. That pole holder has caught the 2 biggest crappie I've ever seen, along with Larry's pike.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal