Author Topic: Roosevelt 2/10 - 2/11  (Read 2669 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Roosevelt 2/10 - 2/11
« on: February 12, 2012, 08:32 AM »
Got on the lake Friday, 2/10 around noon and found a flotilla across from the Schoolhouse ramp on the north side of the lake.  Trolled anywhere from 0.3mph to 0.9mph with 2 jig setup at line depths ranging from 12' to 25'.  I could see fish above the brush line at various depths so tried to vary depths the entire time.  Depth of water was 30ft or so and brush line went up 10ft-15ft or so from the bottom.  Fished John Deere green, BBC, RBC, Black, white/chartreus, and had all jigs with those grub colors tipped with minnows.  On Friday, caught one non-keeper crappie, a sunfish, and 3 bass.   Got out earlier on Saturday, 2/11 around 8:30am at the same place and immediately picked up one keeper crappie and 2 bass.  Later caught a bass on black jig head, no grub, with minnow.  Sounded like people who caught crappie caught more earlier in the mornings and I didn't hear big numbers but who knows if they're holding out on me.  I also checked out Why Cove mouth both days and while I saw fish on my finders and several trollers, I couldn't get any bites.  Seemed to find fish everywhere but they wouldn't bite.  This seems to be my typical Roosevelt report I think since after last spring.  I looked around for other trollers as maybe there's a local or two out there who know where the schools are at.  But I really only saw bass fisherman in other areas from Windy Hill area east and northeast.  Saw packs of birds on the water more in the middle in 60ft of water and wanted to try that out but ended up running out of time and desire. Will be interested to see if we get some positive reports here when water temp warms up.  Water temp was 54-56 degrees and man weather was awesome with highs in upper 60s or lower 70s both days and wind was great.  Couldn't ask for better February weather.

All you crappie fishermen out there on this site.... let's see more Roosevelt reports positive or negative.  I know you're fishing that lake!

Piscolli

Re: Roosevelt 2/10 - 2/11
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 08:35 AM »
Thanks for the report Matt. I think Rosey is going to pop by the end of the month.

Offline freshwater

Re: Roosevelt 2/10 - 2/11
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 05:15 PM »
The Merlot Kid and I caught those green things everywhere we went , but only one crappie she caught it between the two points east of windy hill It was about two pounds A tad over 15"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal