Author Topic: Azcrappie forum newbie  (Read 6048 times)

Offline azbohunter

Re: Azcrappie forum newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 03:53 PM »
Well, I just return from 3 days at Alamo. I found that fishing has really dropped off from two weeks ago. At least that is what everyone was saying. We only caught 3 crappie, quite a few bass and 1 catfish. I know of one boat that had 8 on Thursday and another had 7. They were trolling minnow tipped jigs. At least that is what they said. We caught fish in 20 feet of water and 6 feet of water. On Thursday by early afternoon on the NW side of lake in 15 feet of water I had surface temp of 62. The wind came up and mixed things up and temps dropped to 58.8.
I am looking forward to reports from those who know! Also anxious to see what the next few days bring if the weather stays warm and stable.
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 06:57 PM »
thanks for the report, 62 degrees is great water temp, did you catch the 6' deep crappie in that shallow a water or just had your jig down 6'? that sounds like a crappie looking for a place to spawn ;D

we have nice warm temps till next monday then several mid 60 degree days and up to 70 by weeks end, that means cool nights which is a big factor in the water temps going up
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 06:30 AM »
Caught the one 6 feet down in about 8 feet of water around some stick ups. When I saw the temp getting that warm I went to that shoreline looking for cruisers. I agree, they should be looking for spawning sites but now another major cold front coming through this week. The weekend could produce!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 05:43 PM »
thanks, good week for boat to be in the shop, several wind advisors this week, hope the weather warms up some  (but I ain't ready for summer)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal