Author Topic: Raising Your Own Crappie  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Elefantdude

• I finally caught a nice Slab for my profile pic!
Raising Your Own Crappie
« on: February 16, 2012, 10:53 AM »
Hey All,
I have a 33 Gallon Aquarium with a couple of HUGE Oscars in it. They are too big for the tank so I am going to release them into the koi pond here at work and I am thinking about raising my own minnows. The tank has a bubbler or aerator already.

Does anyone have experience in raising, breeding and caring for their own minnows? is it legal in AZ?

I figured that since I already have the aquarium I would make good use of it and save some $$ raising my own minnows, especially as much as I fish!!

Any tips would be appreciated.

Regards,  EE
Cheers!!!
Ed Elefante
Tight Lines ............ <'))))»•{

Offline azbohunter

Re: Raising Your Own Crappie
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 01:23 PM »
I have a friend that put some in his Koi Pond and they did quite well, not sure about the aquarium though.
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 04:26 PM »
Your going to have to change about 1/2 the water every week and keep it cold. Do not over feed!

Offline Elefantdude

• I finally caught a nice Slab for my profile pic!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 09:07 PM »
Thanks for the responses so far, all! Hmmm changing 1/2 the water on a weekly basis - sounds time consuming - that's about 3 - 5 gallon bucket fulls every week. I guess that could be my weekly workout program!  LOL!
Cheers!!!
Ed Elefante
Tight Lines ............ <'))))»•{

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal