Author Topic: Minnows?  (Read 5691 times)

Offline sherwoodie

Minnows?
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:04 PM »
Does anyone know the name if the bait shop that is at the bottom of the hill coming into Miami on the way to Roosevelt and if it is still open?  I haven't been out in quite a while.  Thanks.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Minnows?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:32 PM »
I don't believe that minnow shop is open anymore.  Try Liars Corner on your way.  Here's the minnow thread with a couple other options:
http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php/topic,135.msg10333.html#msg10333

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 05:37 AM »
if your going into Roosevelt from the salt side out of Globe, MS marine right there next to spring creek store used to carry minnows :dontknow: I been told they still do you might call to confirm but that is real close to the lake, don't know their hours?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline freshwater

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 08:31 AM »
That place or marine shop by the store is still open but not till 8 or 9  also the minnows have been guppy size  each one hand picked for your counting pleasure. tho the price is $2.20    I Usually buy at kilmers (about 5 miles out of globe on the way) It's hand dump  and if you buy dozen you get the 6th extra or free. I got the five dozen last week and it was actually about 8 doz. they are usually 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches with an occasional 2  and the price is 2.85  and they open at 6am  your choice

Offline Yukonleft

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 10:20 AM »
Check out the thread from mrokusek.  There's a number on it for D&R Baits.  That's where I got mine for my last trip.  The guy's name is Doug?...I think...anyroad, nice guy.  Price is $2/dozen...5 dozen minimum.  He's pretty spot on with the number, but at that price...I don't care.

The convenience is the best too.  I called him up...told him I wanted 10 dozen.  He said he'd dip them out and put them in a cooler out front of his garage...just leave the money in the cooler.  That's the way we used to get minnows back in the day.  He can put them out at night, then you just run by in the AM and pick them up.

Very healthy and lively minnows.  Greenfields/Hwy60 area...north of Sportsman's.  Really convenient.

Piscolli

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 04:33 PM »
D&R Baits, Southern and Greenfield, Ron 480-694-5207.

Offline Yukonleft

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 05:21 PM »
That's right!  Ron!  Great guy!

Offline sherwoodie

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 09:27 PM »
Thanks everyone. My pops is coming to visit from Illinois and I wanted to fish for some crappie with him. Can't wait!

Piscolli

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 10:49 PM »
Thanks everyone. My pops is coming to visit from Illinois and I wanted to fish for some crappie with him. Can't wait!

When's he coming? We're all going to be at Rosy this weekend for Spring Crappie-Fest.

Offline sherwoodie

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 11:39 AM »
Arrived on Friday, but we had plans for this weekend.  That would have been fun!  Good timing with the bite picking up at Rosie.  Should be a good one this year.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal