Author Topic: Alamo 2/25-26  (Read 3440 times)

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
Alamo 2/25-26
« on: February 27, 2012, 10:12 PM »
Got on the water Sat about noon. 4 in-the-box by 1:00. Day ended with 17 slabs. Sunday was a little slower. Fished 10:00 to 2:00,, only got 7 more. Water temp 58. Stayed in 20 - 22 feet of water. LOTS of boats in trees but very few fish caught. Troll speed 1.1 - 1.2 mph. BBC best, JDG  next, Red Head and 3 caught on minnows.

We tried fishing after dark too,,,, need more data,,, big flop.

May go out again Thursday. Watching the weather.
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Alamo 2/25-26
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:23 PM »
thanks for the report, was the lake crowded with the bass tournaments up there?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 12:02 PM »
Very busy on Saturday. Parking lot full. Sunday nothing. Not all were bass fishing. Must have been 40 crappie fisherman out there on Saturday. Due to the "reports" of fishing being slow,,, I have the pics on my pool league web site www.eopool.com you can get to some pictures from there.
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 01:03 PM »
Nice pics... :3some:

I hope to go on Thursday, but we'll have to see about the wind...
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 02:32 PM »
I had to leave there this past Friday and was thinking the next few days would be better "if" the weather would hold. Glad you had a good day! I am having some surgery on a torn ligament in my hand on Thursday so not sure what my fishing in the near future holds?
Will be glad to get the hand fixed but hate to miss it if it happens, spring bite that is!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 04:53 AM »
another dry cool front with some wind friday, wondering how much this cool windy weather has dropped the water temps? Looked at your pics, man would of thought some of the male fish would of either been black or gone black in the livewell? wonder how close they are to moving up?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 05:04 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal