Author Topic: Main boat ramp  (Read 6529 times)

Offline gonfishin

Main boat ramp
« on: March 20, 2012, 10:31 AM »
Looks like the water came up a foot with the last rain. Have they opened up the main ramp? I'm getting tired of running aground launching off the point.

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
Re: Main boat ramp
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 11:50 AM »
You would think they would bring in some gravel and a bulldozer and make a temperary ramp untill we get more water, but I guess that makes too much sence.  Where is my $6.00 going?  I remember when our taxes took care of our lakes and you didn't have to pay anything extra.  If they are going to collect money for the maintence of our recreation areas, they should maintain at least one usable boat ramp.  I feel your pain.... I've been launching at SB cove, but I wouldn't do it without a 4x4.

Rocky

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 04:44 PM »
You would think they would bring in some gravel and a bulldozer and make a temperary ramp untill we get more water, but I guess that makes too much sence.  Where is my $6.00 going?  I remember when our taxes took care of our lakes and you didn't have to pay anything extra.  If they are going to collect money for the maintence of our recreation areas, they should maintain at least one usable boat ramp.  I feel your pain.... I've been launching at SB cove, but I wouldn't do it without a 4x4.

+1, wait till Fishless gets ahold of this one.

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 12:09 PM »
I would love to hear what he has to say.  Hey Piscolli.... by the way, the crappie are on at Bartlett.  I'm not an offical member so I can't tell you exactly where they are, but I'm sure you know already.  My old man and his buds have been killing them lately.  Mostly small, but there are keepers being caught along with the small ones. I'm headed back to Roosevelt next week to go after some more big ones. 

Rocky

Piscolli

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 07:46 AM »
I may hit it up tomorrow. I got a text from a buddy showing about 60 of them.

Offline gonfishin

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 09:27 AM »
Threw back 51 baby crappies on Fri - one keeper 1.2#. Main boat ramp still closed.

Offline Razor

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 02:19 PM »
Taking my daughter on Wednesday and hoping to get her on a lot of crappie, even if they are small and have to put them back.  Been a long time since I fished for crappie and was hoping to get some ideas on recommended grubs or should I go with minnows?  Any help is greatly appreciated  Thanks :dontknow

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 07:59 PM »
Bill, don't get me started with TNF cave creek, what a joke? I really think they don't want us to use "their" lake and make it as tuff as possible to do so
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline gonfishin

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 10:34 AM »
[Taking my daughter on Wednesday and hoping to get her on a lot of crappie, even if they are small and have to put them back.  Been a long time since I fished for crappie and was hoping to get some ideas on recommended grubs or should I go with minnows?  Any help is greatly appreciated  Thanks :dontknow]

No need for minnows. Troll Kalin BBC,s close to the bottom.

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 11:30 AM »
We caught a nothing but small crappie, but I guess it's better than no crappie.  Oh yeah, and I did get stuck trying to get my boat back on the trailer because of all the damn mud!  Luckly there was a fella with another 4x4 to help pull me out.  Maybe you are right, they just don't want us to launch safely...

Rocky

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal