Author Topic: San Carlos Launching Conditions, Permits  (Read 3836 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
San Carlos Launching Conditions, Permits
« on: March 22, 2012, 07:28 PM »
Anybody know if San Carlos got a lot of rain last weekend or know if launching conditions are any worse than before?  Ray (yogi) said he'll tow my boat with a 2-wheel drive truck.  Thinking of heading up there Sunday.  Also, I've had no luck getting permits anywhere except Bashas.  What time are they open on Sunday?  I'll have to look at the rest of the threads to see what to fish with.  Last time I went, it was fish shallow away from the boat and slow... and not sure of colors.

AZ-Mn.ANGLER

Re: San Carlos Launching Conditions, Permits
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 07:41 PM »
You can get licenses at the Circle K at the east end of Globe (N. side of hgwy) or at the store at Soda Canyon.  We also got minnows at the S.C. store.  ($3 per doz.  but got a good count.)
Hope this helps.

Offline wally g

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 08:24 PM »
Hello matt  May head up Saturday to give it a try.
I think launching will be good .
Last week two boats used ramp with trolling motors.
Water looks likes it's a little higher Will post Friday night .
No wind I'll be there.

Wally G

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:44 AM »
You can also get permits at the Express Stop gas station - it's a couple miles before the Circle K on the left side of the road as your heading east.  It has a Subway attached to it.  Friendlier people than at the Circle K.   :headbang:

LLL
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:46 AM by cousinlll »

Offline sandman

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 07:26 AM »
We always do the Express Stop. I can watch my boat from the store window while getting the permits.

I had to pull a guy out of the ramp last Saturday and it hadn't started raining yet. He did have a pretty heavy boat and a few people had pulled out before him so it was a little wet in that spot.

If your back tires start spinning when you go to pull out, stop and get someone to tug you out. It is very soft just under the surface crust.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 07:44 AM »
I just looked at the Sunday weather report and 8-14mph winds with gusts 21mph.  That doesn't look good. Wally, it looks to be less on Saturday but a little breeze.

Thanks for the launching conditions report.  Just need to be careful.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal