Author Topic: Alamo Mar 26 - Mar 30  (Read 5088 times)

wadefisherman

Alamo Mar 26 - Mar 30
« on: March 31, 2012, 06:17 AM »
Had another wonderful trip to Alamo this week, the fishing was ok, no great, but the camping and company was outstanding. Me and Red Mule aka: (Chris) got up to the campsite on Monday and tried trolling in the evening, we got nothin, went up by the dam and put the lights out for some night fishing, we got a few dinks and some blue gills and called it a night around 10ish. Tuesday morning we trolled till about 1 and picked up 7 fish, we went back out for the evening bite and picked up 11 more. Wednesday we landed 16 by noon and went in to fry some up for lunch..Yum...Went back out in the evening and only got 2 more. Thursday we fished from safe-light until about 10ish, it started to get pretty hot so we called it an early day, we only had 7 fish. Stayed in camp and got the fire going early so we could get the 1.5" bone on rib-eyes grilled to perfection over mesquite coals. YUM! Friday we fished until 10 again due to it getting pretty warm and needing to break camp, we picked up 7 more. Final tally was was 50 crappie and we threw back a least 20 LM bass up to 3 lbs. The was a huge flotilla almost every day we were there trolling the same area. The water temp was 64.5 in the am and 68.5 in the evening, most fish caught were females and the eggs were super bloody. The males were jet black. I think they are waiting for the moon to be in the right phase to spawn. Our best color was Wally World around 70% , BBC was the next best 20%, Popsicle and white with chartreuse tail landed a few. We could not get a bite on JD this trip. Met some real nice folks camping out up the there. Looking forward to giving Rosie a try at Crappiethon. Tight lines!

Offline azbohunter

Re: Alamo Mar 26 - Mar 30
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 07:43 AM »
Sounds like a great trip! Thanks for keeping us informed.
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 08:48 AM »
wow long trip. sounds like fun. did you guys get the wind we had in Vegas

Piscolli

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 10:25 AM »
Great report big fella, thank you.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 10:42 AM »
Our best color was Wally World around 70% , BBC was the next best 20%, Popsicle and white with chartreuse tail landed a few. We could not get a bite on JD this trip. Met some real nice folks camping out up the there. Looking forward to giving Rosie a try at Crappiethon. Tight lines!

Nice report Brian - but I have one question: You, Mr. C&C, were using GRUBS & trolling FASTER than .3 mph...... :greengrin:

LLL

Piscolli

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 10:52 AM »
Our best color was Wally World around 70% , BBC was the next best 20%, Popsicle and white with chartreuse tail landed a few. We could not get a bite on JD this trip. Met some real nice folks camping out up the there. Looking forward to giving Rosie a try at Crappiethon. Tight lines!

Nice report Brian - but I have one question: You, Mr. C&C, were using GRUBS & trolling FASTER than .3 mph...... :greengrin:

LLL

I didn't think his boat went faster gthan .3  :laugh:

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 04:54 PM »
Hey guys, we had to go at least 1.0 or get run over by the flotilla...

No wind...  Perfect weather all week...

It was a long trip, but we didn't beat ourselves up...  Off the water when it got too hot...  Hit a cold one and chill...  After we had enough slabs for Piscolli's chowder, it was all downhill...    :3some:

And Brian says I just about have that smooth net motion thing down...   Thanks for catching all those little fishies so I could practice, bro...    :headbang:

Also, It was good to meet Cookie at the campsite...  He arrived just as Brian was trying out his new fish fryer...

We're also invited to a big Bar B Q in Wickenburg tomorrow...
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 08:07 PM »
thanks for the report Brian, you gots me all excited with females with eggs and males all black sounds like another group ready to move up :dance: :toothy10:

Brian did you launch from cholla ramp? hopefully a little less crowded than last friday when my buddy had to park up in the campground parking lot 1/4mile away?

thanks
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 09:20 PM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

wadefisherman

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 10:53 PM »
If you don't get there early you will be parking pretty far away from the cholla ramp. Ill bet the ranger station ramp has hardly any vehicles parking there. Thanks for all the smart ass replies, you all had me LOL.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 07:47 AM »
Strong work brother....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal