Author Topic: Roosevelt 3/20-3/21  (Read 3440 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Roosevelt 3/20-3/21
« on: April 23, 2012, 08:26 PM »
Fished Roosevelt Tonto end for the first time on Friday, 3/20.  I got out there by 7am and caught a crappie within the hour in the cove to the west of Cholla ramp.  Used 1/8oz and 1/16oz jig with John Deere Green and Red-Black-Chartreuse grub and don't remember which one it was caught on. Tipped with minnow.  I was only 30ft from shore but depth was 15-20ft.  Not much else for the day.  Tried fishing in the trees near the other boat ramp on the other side of the lake but only managed to lose my umbrella shade.

Fished Salt end on Saturday, 3/21.  Went to buoy area across Schoolhouse and graphed fish but nothing would bite.  Trolled over to the trees in that same area and picked up 1 crappie but couldn't find anymore fish, just snags and lost tackle.  Fished Why Cove a little, then Salome cove.  Caught probably 10 of the other fish between 2 of us in 1 hour on the west side of that cove where water was really stained.  Not sure why the fish were there but they were taking my jigs and crappie crankbaits. No crappie rest of day.

Off the water both days when it got hot by early afternoon. 

Similar fishing theme for others I know were out there.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Roosevelt 3/20-3/21
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 06:51 AM »
wow a month old report 3/20 3/21  :lol_hitting:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 06:58 AM »
wow a month old report 3/20 3/21  :lol_hitting:
I'm living in the past man!  Uh yeah, meant to say April.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 07:51 AM »
figured that Matt, was having fun (heck at least you get the year right) I have trouble even remembering that!!!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal