Author Topic: Bartlett 4/28  (Read 3625 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Bartlett 4/28
« on: April 28, 2012, 08:31 PM »
Tent camped Friday overnight around SB Cove area.  Lots of campers on shore - we were up in the trees.  Camping neighbors had generator on from 8pm through at least 1am to power light bulbs hung on a string. 

On the water by 8am with me and 3 kids in the boat.  Caught 6 crappie (1 keeper) and missed several other bites before kids had enough and wanted to inter-tube.  Fished with 1/16oz jigs and slow trolled them usually with minnow.  Did try casting towards shore but tough with 3 kids and Bimini top up (it was getting hot!).   The lady at the marina store said crappie fishing was hot at the lake for the last 2 weeks.  She liked my AZ crappie shirt.

No one fishing Cat Bay area - I checked it out and yeah, nothing there.

Offline The Desert Rat

Re: Bartlett 4/28
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 06:30 AM »
--fished Saturday--same place as Matt, same story--caught 4 keepers--nothing in Cat Bay, all in Alder Cove---left the scene at noon--too many crazy people on the water--

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Bartlett 4/28
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 02:50 PM »
Matt glad you got a few crappie, my boat is down, (trolling motor) hope to have it back early this week so I can try bartlett again for munchkins
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal