Author Topic: Bartlett Lake 7/19-7/22  (Read 5070 times)

Offline The Desert Rat

Bartlett Lake 7/19-7/22
« on: July 17, 2012, 03:56 PM »
Campin Nana and I are heading to Bartlett , Thursday--swing by camp and say hello--will be in a 5th wheel, Silver Grey F-250. Silver Grey Dodge Ram---Deck Boat with the "Desert Rat" name by the registration numbers--Going Crappie Hunting !!!

wadefisherman

Re: Bartlett Lake 7/19-7/22
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 06:14 PM »
Good luck, hope u slayer.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 05:53 AM »
and not able to camp in SB cove due to closure, good luck
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline The Desert Rat

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 04:01 PM »
Beautiful week end--stormed , however, not bad--kinda cooled things down--after the front passed Thursday night, I started my Crappie Stalking----found em, all bundled up in Cat Bay---minnows worked, naked---8-10 feet deep, still fishing around the buoys out in the middle---catching wasn't easy and it became more and more difficult to release the ones less than 10 inches---I am starving for fresh crappie---any way--planning on going back next week end---

--MedVac was called in again, noonish Sunday---Truck, pulling a boat, carrying two adults in the back of the pickup---the two adults, in the back, fell out and the boat trailer ran over them--2 ambulances, 1 helicopter and most of Sheriff Joe's deputies showed up, closed the road leading into and out of Bartlett Flatts for an hour or so-- another case where the Beer Devil ruled over common sense ---
Create a Great Week--

Offline sandman

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 04:33 PM »
We saw all the emergency vehicles heading back that way when we pulled out of the ramp. We hope that it wasn't the generator 'too close to the gas cans' ;)

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 07:33 AM »
Marvin & I hit Bartlett @ 6:30 Saturday morning hoping to put the hurt on the crappie. Started fishing the far end of yellow cliffs to Cat bay. We were slow trolling (.75 to 1 mph) Tried numerous colored roadrunners white, chart. red. Marvin went with no grub but minnows. I tried lots of differant grub colors until he was up 2 to zip took off grubs and started getting bit. bottom line was 5 dink crappie, 2 dink bass and 1 dink catfish. Between the wind and the lake lice the area stayed choppy all morning. Called it quits @ 11:30 all fish released to grow up and swim in hot oil another day. One other point heavy police presence @ the lake on Sat. 1 cop on the water checking people 1 sherriff in the parking lot and 3 more on the road out. Did not see any issues going on except the speed limit going in is 25mph due to no center stripping and the police were taking advantage and writing tickets if you were even 5 mph over.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 02:28 PM »
is the water still real stained/muddy up lake around cat bay and the yellow cliffs?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal