Author Topic: Bartlett 10-30  (Read 3827 times)

wadefisherman

Bartlett 10-30
« on: October 31, 2012, 06:34 AM »
Me and Chris took a trip to Bartlet to see if we could get a few fall slabs in the boat. Got to the yellow cliffs about 0900 and my 1st hook up was a double, bottom fish came unbuttoned while getting the net into the water. Top fish was a 10 incher so he went back in lake. We worked the yellow cliffs and back of cat bay. Wound up keeping 8 fish, had another double around 1300, 2 nice fat 1.5 made it into the net. It got a little warm in the middle of the day, glad I brought the bimini, fished till 1615 when we called it a day. It was a gorgeous day on the water and the ride back had some pretty views with the sun setting on carefree hwy. I think the full moon might have slowed the bite down a bit, we cruised over tons of shad and plenty of crappie schools using C&C rigs. Fish fry tonight

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
Re: Bartlett 10-30
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 10:12 AM »
I was there on Monday,,, hit the water about 11:00,,, had our first fish right away. Then we had to do some experimenting. We found them (the biters) down about 20 ft in 30 ft of water. The color of the day was Red jig head with Red and White tails. Speed at .8 MPH. Only one fish on minnows. When the day was done we had 13 keepers,,,, a Lawrance GPS antenna that quit,,, an impeller that quit,,, and a HOT motor. Gonna be expensive! It should be ready by Thursday,,, should be back out right after that. As for the sun,,, I rigged up 2, 9ft umbrellas, to fit into each of my seat holders. Last year I only had one umbrella up front. Not sure what people think,,, don’t care,,, it WORKS!!!
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline sandman

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 08:55 PM »
We were out there Mon. and today. Fished noon 'til dark both afternoons. Caught a few nice ones. Saw a bunch of small ones caught. Beautiful days to be on the water.

We're talking about heading to Alamo on Friday for a couple of days but still undecided.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 02:00 AM »
Thanks for da report guys!  I might hit up Bartlett again here real soon.

LLL

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 06:00 AM »
thanks for the reports, it was a beautiful day yesterday at Bartlett in soooooooo many ways :headbang: :toothy10: :dance:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 06:49 AM »
you might call alamo lake :dontknow: think one bass tourny cancelled there because to many other groups were going to be there? only the one launch left and if there is a big tournament or a couple smaller ones it might be a zoo on saturday?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 07:17 AM »
This weekend they are having a big astronomy club openhouse at Alamo...  It may be pretty full at the campground... :3some:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 12:23 PM »
I called the ranger station at Alamo,, report was SLOW for crappie,,, water still to warm. I would THINK it would be cooler than Bartlett,, but what do I know. Maybe it's the people fishing who don't catch any that say "it's the warm water"???

Damage report; GPS fixed $259.00 (new antenna). Lower unit new impeller, new seals, grease. $450.00. Replace gas tanks with EPA approved, $95 EACH!!

Best fish I EVER ate!!!
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal