Author Topic: Anyone interested in an easy / cheap way to sharpen your electric fillet knife?  (Read 3672 times)

Bob M

After tossing many dull blades and not being able to find new ones for my knife I did some experimenting before cutting last weekends catch.  Thought about putting together a how to post but if its not an issue for any here no reason to spend the time.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Bob, I have been real lucky found blades (actually better than the original filet blades) for my american angler electric knife and they were on sale so I loaded up on several extra sets since I have a 120 and 12volt model.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sandman

Sure. Let's hear it.

Most of the time with serrated blades, the blade is not dull but the edge has rolled. I use a steel to straighten the rolled edge back out. I have also used a block of ice when a steel wasn't handy. Works like a steel in that it straightens the rolled edge back out.

Offline sandman

Cool. I have one good old knife that the new blades wont fit. Be nice to get some more use out of it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal