Author Topic: Tuesday 2/5  (Read 4233 times)

Offline The Desert Rat

Tuesday 2/5
« on: February 04, 2013, 07:37 AM »
Going to hit Bartlett around 9 am on Tuesday---will post later--lake is getting higher. Given that, with all the new growth around the shore lines it SHOULD produce a great spawn year---small trees and bushes all around the lake--spoke with TNF again---they are seriously considering opening SB Cove for camping---we need the space --

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Tuesday 2/5
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 07:46 AM »
Good luck David.  Have them open the SB Cove ramp while they're opening the camping area.

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 01:22 PM »
Sure would be nice if they opened that ramp back up. I am curious to hear how you do. My buddy and I went yesterday. The water up by yellow cliffs is chocolate soup. Visibility was nil. We fished around for a bit. Tons of debris in the water. All small stuff though. Didn't see any logs. We decided to fish other areas where the water was more clear. Tried down by the dam, the marina area, some coves and shorelines. Never graphed anything that looked like crappie. We ended up catching 4 bartlett rats on minnows. We trolled grubs and minnows.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 03:50 PM »
ya TNF (forest circus) needs to open that SB ramp soon >:( >:(
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline The Desert Rat

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 07:59 AM »
Bartlett Lake--Tuesday 9 am-3 pm
Drive to Bartlett Flats--No Problem
Launching at Bartlett Flats--No Problem
Weather at Bartlett Flats--No Problem
Fishing at Bartlett Flats--No Problem
Catching Fish at Bartlett Flats--Big Problem !!!
Lake at 67%, smooth and muddy. temp 50-52 degrees surface
Graphed several large schools ---4 fishing out of my boat---we used every trick/technique we knew of--one guy put on a piece of grapefruit Rhine and caught just as many as the rest of us :greengrin:---water clarity at the marina and dam area OK--no fish
Re SB Cove--latest report, will open ramp, camping and facilities in March--until then, camping at The Flats going to get scarce--
****See you all at Rosey !!!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 08:35 AM »
Thanks for the report David.  Bartlett story on fishing appears to be same story at Alamo and Roosevelt.  Another shakeup this weekend of weather.   Perhaps fish will be hungry the following weekend after not eating our bait for 2 weeks now.   Also, great news on the SB cove area/ramp.  67% on the water level - that's great!  Would love another big storm to come through in next couple weeks to fill these lakes up more.  I want my Schoolhouse area back at Roosevelt.

Offline Slingshot Archer

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 01:34 PM »
New here-thanks for all the info and reports
Hope to get out after the weather this weekend

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal