Author Topic: Alamo 2/2 13  (Read 3383 times)

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
Alamo 2/2 13
« on: February 01, 2013, 08:38 AM »
Marvin and I will be on this body of water Saturday morning 8:30ish I was wondering if anybody has been out this week and if so are there any tips. If you are out there we will be in a black and silver 17' tritoon please swing by and we'll swap stories and techniques

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
Re: Alamo 2/2 13
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 07:35 AM »
From Maricopa to Alamo lake 3+ hours, sitting on the boat 5+ hours, the return trip home another 3+ hours. Not even a nibble priceless :banghead:!!! My bottom is numb and sore at the same time. Water darker than chocalate milk lucky to see 18" down (definately could not see the blades on the trolling motor. Lets see we tried cozying up to some tress casting and vertical jigging, no luck, long line trolling @.04 mph no luck same @ .08 dragging crank baits no luck minnows only no luck spinner baits no luck, every color of roadrunners and jigs combination thinkable no luck, gary yamato 3" crappie worms no luck. Best and only good part of the day was seeing a beaver in the back of a cove just cruising around, lots of pelicans to watch, tons and I mean tons of bait fish jumping out of the water but nothing chasing them and hoisting a few cold ones with buddy Marvin. Did talk to the locals @ Crystals cafe and supposedly it is tilapia snagging time of the year. I guess a guy went down on the bank and snagged (3) five gallon buckets of tilapia. Talked with lake officer and says it is legal to snag, bow and spear fish this species Dec. Jan and Feb. (check regs before quoting me) We checked every cove from launch to dam looking for them but no luck. Gonna do some research and try to do this again before the season is over. Sure hope San Carlos is getting some water and the fish kill is not as serious as many think. I need some stupid fishing as my freezer is bare.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 01:19 PM »
Thanks for the report guys! 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 03:54 PM »
thanks for the report, lake needed the 3+' of water but hate the muddy look hope it clears soon, was it muddy the entire lake? where is Crystal cafe?? is that the old wayside inn??

I went back in one of the long coves down near the dam a couple years ago in the late spring and didn't see the beaver in there but he did not like me being in there and slapped that tail on the water and I thought someone was shooting at me :o :o
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

wadefisherman

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 04:49 PM »
May want to rethink about going his weekend, front coming in and stained water is not a good combination.

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 07:07 AM »
Crystal's Cafe is in Wendon right before the turn to head north to the lake if coming in from Salome Rd. Do not order the bacon unless you like it well done and brittle. :3some:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal