Author Topic: Roosie 2/28  (Read 6170 times)

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Roosie 2/28
« on: March 01, 2013, 12:39 PM »
Didn't get bit in a little over four hours SVT acroo the lake from Cholla. Drop-shotted for bass for about and hour and caught 3 LM the FLW guys would have liked to have had last weekend. All three came in 30 feet of water.......Art

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Roosie 2/28
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 05:20 PM »
Art I am afraid to ask but what was the water temperature?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 03:58 PM »
47.8 when we put in at 8 a.m. and almost 55 when we loaded up at 2:30 or so........Art

Offline Mike / T

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 05:15 PM »
Is the bite really that bad????

I have not seen a single thing posted this year for me to go out and get frustrated trying to keep up.

Anyway was planning a run for the 9th and 10th but the front may delay us till Monday and Tuesday.

I really hope to see something promising............

Offline freshwater

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 07:25 PM »
tuesday::  47deg. morn  on the water at 9:30 off at 3:30 slight wind all afternoon light cloud cover, trolled just south of the no wake zone at ringtail nada  bonzied over to across from grapevine trolled towards the bouys and had 1 bite and bagged it. 15 inch crappie on bbc thats all water temp was54 on and 55.2 off

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 07:59 PM »
nice fish there freshwater. fes up now was it u or the merlot kid that bagged the big slab. thats more her style. ditch the bbc thats old school baby. greenie weenie or well i supose ill say it again acid rain or its cuz bad blood on a lime or red head. or this time of year green hornet as long as things have cleared up a bit. wish i was there or maybe rememberin an old fort in texas. see u this weekend, larries bringing his risk game. thx for the report good luck.

Piscolli

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 06:11 AM »
BBC ain't old school. Who remembers pumpkin/ chart with heavy salt? That was the shizzle back in the day.

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 06:42 AM »
BBC ain't old school. Who remembers pumpkin/ chart with heavy salt? That was the shizzle back in the day.

Powerbait 2 inch, Piscolli! I still throw one on every now and again, sure don't work like they used to! Every once in a while in stained water at Roosy though I have a good day with an orange roadrunner with that grub.. 
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Piscolli

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 04:46 PM »

Powerbait 2 inch, Piscolli! I still throw one on every now and again, sure don't work like they used to! Every once in a while in stained water at Roosy though I have a good day with an orange roadrunner with that grub..

Bingo

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 06:21 AM »
berkley quit making that color for several years now it is back it was the go to bait at bartlett year round, have used it some and it catches fish but not like the BBC
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal