Author Topic: Feb 28-mar 1  (Read 3648 times)

wadefisherman

Feb 28-mar 1
« on: March 01, 2013, 03:46 PM »
1st 2 days we struggled with the wind, it royaly sucked! I fished solo with drop shot rigs, only picked up 2 fish fighting the wind from the north then the south then the east, and it was cold. Yesterday's me, Chris and Craig fished til 2 ish and I picked up 1 fish for the whole day. Today we picked up 4, off the lake by 11. Last day we went to trolling double jigs tipped with minnows @ 1 mph. Lemon merang was the top color 3 of the 4 fish took it. We had a hard time as did everyone else of finding fish. They r still scattered and have not schooled up, that is why we switched to jigs to cover more ground. The water temp was 51-53 degrees. Most productive area was directly across from Cholla. 25 boats yesterday and about 40 boats today. It was getting pretty crowded. Had a tire come part again, at discount tire getting a new one. Also lost my transome saver, anyone know where I can get one for a Lund?

Offline azbohunter

Re: Feb 28-mar 1
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 04:11 PM »
Thanks for the report, maybe if we get a week of this warm weather with no more major  fronts they might get going??
Sorry about the tire, those ST tires suck  :sad3:IMHO, BIG TIME. I put LT's on my 5th wheel 5 years ago and no more problems but that probably is not the answer for your boat trailer.
Why do you need a special transom saver for a Lund? I have a Lund and a 50 Merc tiller and just use one I picked up at Bass Pro.
Again, thanks for the report........
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 04:41 PM »
Thx for the report Brian.   With all that's been going on weather wise lately it sounds like a somewhat successful trip.  At least you caught a couple.  Your report does sound promising though!

ST tires suck, period!  That's why I'll be carrying 2 spares on our Powell trip.

LLL

wadefisherman

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 05:40 PM »
Had second set of towmasters replaced in last two years. Replaced with Carlisles this time. Feel like I'm buying a new warranty ever year! My Lund with shorelander trailer needs a TS that attaches to the frame under the boat. I was doing battle with the wind while launching solo and totally spaced out taking the TS off. I figure it is probably 10-15' in the water by Cholla ramp.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 07:18 AM »
SEA.....HAWKS....

wadefisherman

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 12:42 PM »
Purchased a generic version on Cabellas web site. Should do the trick.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal