Author Topic: Mar 7th  (Read 2722 times)

wadefisherman

Mar 7th
« on: March 07, 2013, 08:38 PM »
Me & Willie gave Alamo a try today, started off trolling various jigs from 0830-11ish from mid lake heading to trees by bouy lines. We got nada for our efforts, switched over to drop shot rigs and started working the trees and bouy lines. Picked up a slab at 11:30 and another around 12:30  and that was it. Off the lake at 2ish. Water temp started at 55 & moved up to 62 when we left. This has been the most frustrating year I have ever had at Alamo to date, I feel like I'm fishing Rosie :wtf: oh well, sometimes you just have put the time and effort into it. Gorgeous day, high of 75, slight breeze at the right time. One guy cleaning 5 fish at fish cleaning area was using all white jigs in am and bbc in afternoon. Fish still scattered but did notice a few larger schools by the buoy lines. 25 or so boats in the flotilla, most folks did about the same as us that we talked to.

Offline TRITOON

Re: Mar 7th
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 08:50 PM »
Thanks Brian, glad you and Willie got to make it out today. It seems like a frustrating year all everywhere. But 75 and on the water isn't a bad day.
I sure expected more from Alamo than what it has produced this year. Hopefully this last front will move through and the water as well as the catching will warm up.    Patience :sign0151:   
GOD BLESS

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:05 PM »
Good to  hear water temp creeping up. Plz plzz be last front. I'm ready for some good tasting fish.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 06:23 AM »
you guys were the last boat to leave the (double flotilla out there)--drive faster on US 60 ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal