Author Topic: Tough bite at Alamo 3-16,17 2013  (Read 8704 times)

Piscolli

Tough bite at Alamo 3-16,17 2013
« on: March 17, 2013, 03:42 PM »
Fished with Tommy Rat Sat 11 to 5, Sun am to noon. 3 Crappie and a bass. Perfect weather, a little hot at times, surface temps well over 60, very little moon, makes no sense. It was a great night to camp out though.

Thank Tom for the trip! It was nice and relaxing and that steak 2was awesome! Next time we need a hot tube and some tweeker girls from Wenden.  :headbang:

Offline azbohunter

Re: Tough bite at Alamo 3-16,17 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 03:45 PM »
Bummer but sounds like you had a great campout. Better find fisher girls instead of tweeker girls in Wenden....hopefully things are going to improve drastically before my April 1-4 visit.
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Philbie

• Minnesota Crappie
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 05:59 PM »
My dad and I fished till it got windy.  Ended up with 7.  All caught near the trees.  16-32' of water.  Fish depth was roughly 8-10'.  Most of the people we talked to were having a rough go unfortunately.

wadefisherman

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 06:01 PM »
WTF :wtf:!!! I looks like it is going to be one of theses years. At least u had great weather.

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 06:37 PM »
Bill, it was great to see you and Tom out there today. Thanks for sharing some info.  Ended up with two nice ones, a few bass, and one monster carp that fell for a John Deer Roadrunner.  Hope to float with you again soon. Brian, u missed a beautiful day on the water.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 08:33 PM »
Billy how was it crowd wise? I hope to go tuesday with water temps warming up, glad you had a good time, sorry it was slow
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Piscolli

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 06:16 AM »
Good to see you as well Tom.

The ramp was crowded but nothing too bad. We pulled out Sunday when the wind picked up and had to wait about 15 minutes to trailer the boat.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 07:48 AM »
where were all the crappie fishermen at? was the question of the weekend. two weeks ago at least 2 doz in the floatilla. this weekend maybe half a doz crappie boats and all of us clueless. i suppose the guys up in the trees did best. our female was puffed out like a football and one of the males was turnuin black. all the indicators were positive, water 65+, weather stable, moon down, clear water.
 had a great time with fearless. its hard for an old guy to keep up with the younger generation. but the famous grouse kept this boy going past midnight for the first time in a while. i appears our interests only diverge when it comes to heavy metal :headbang:. well and how deep to run your jig. and since i boated only the first fish, of four total, im workin on just makin the first cast and then stop dont peel off 60 ft. of line.
 one other thing. even if they say they have minnows it may just be one doz. the minnow nazi told us they had plenty and when we showed up, not. only two doz for two folks until fearless remimded her that she told him they had plenty then her old boy overroad her and authorized another two doz for billy. saw tom on the water the next day and they were out. no minnows for you! we left with only half a doz and we only burned em transfering rigs. if the bite was on, sigh, wed have been pissed to show up sun am and find notta. really pissed. so for next weekend... well we can rule out the tweeker girls right here and now. coked up princesses from scottsdale is where i draw the line.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 09:47 AM »
Interesting note on the minnows!  I've always figured I'd get them there to keep them in business.  But if they are going to ration them out, then forget it I'll buy them in town.

Piscolli

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 10:20 AM »
It was weird, the lady had a crap attitude to boot. I used the "catch more flies with honey" theory on her and it worked. But I was more than prepared to act like an ass.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal