Author Topic: Friday's trip  (Read 3661 times)

Offline jdavis

Friday's trip
« on: March 29, 2013, 10:03 PM »
I figure since I have been enjoying your reports I better add one of my own. We fished from 8 am to dark and caught 63 crappie two went just over 3 lbs. all were caught along different banks picking up 3 or 4 here and there. Took my son for spring break and had a great time.

Offline Mike / T

Re: Friday's trip
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 08:53 AM »
Was it the Tonto end or the Salt side.
It seems via the post's you had a really great day

Offline jdavis

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 10:04 AM »
Mid lake islands. Work sandy shore lines. Don't give up we had at least 15 boats come in around us for 5 minutes then leave. We just smiled each time it happened. We didn't catch them fast and furious nor did we catch them all in one spot we just stayed persistent catch three or four from one spot move down 40 yrds and catch another 3 it was steady but we fished all day non stop.

Offline Mike / T

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 12:09 PM »
Thanks jdavis, we are going to give it a try.
Which boat ramp is closet to the areas to attack????
Any help would be appreaciated

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 12:40 PM »
Great job out there, I asked my buddy to stop there and pound shorelines on our way from the salt to the tonto side, but he said that he had never caught fish there. OOOPSS
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Tacoma Guy

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 12:30 AM »
We hit those areas as well today.  Rabbit Island area in particular.  We had a lot of action off minnows ... too bad they were all bass (but none were under 2 lbs).  We literally caught 1 crappie around the islands we fished.  Fun day fishing and a lot of catching, just couldn't find the crappie.  Glad you and your son got into a bunch of slabs.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal