Author Topic: Bart tomorrow night  (Read 12522 times)

Offline ArZFisher

Bart tomorrow night
« on: April 18, 2013, 10:32 PM »
Well I just got done mounting some new LEDs lights in the interior of my boat. Some buddies and I are going to go out tomorrow night and try for some slabs. We're shooting to be their by 6 pm. If anyone else gonna be out their maybe will see each other. Ill either be in jack cove, echo, or the flats north of cats bay on the east side of lake. Pic of boat with lights in garage at bottom

Piscolli

Re: Bart tomorrow night
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 05:58 AM »
Lots of light and 2 blue tops, very nice!

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 07:28 AM »
Nice job on the lights.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 09:41 AM »
Man that is nice...  Should be just what the Dr ordered for night fishing...

Green lights over the side, and we are talking psychedelic...
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 12:57 PM »
That's pretty cool!

Offline ArZFisher

Re: Bart tomorrow night 4/19/13
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 01:45 PM »
If anyone looking for some 12v flexible real bright LEDs I got these from maxxima. My step father works for The Light House here in AZ and he can get all kinds of lights. If anyone interested they come in a 18", 24", 36". But you can take them like I did got 2 36" and cut them into 12" pieces and soldered them back together with 2.5 ft of wire inbetween them or what ever length you want. You can either mount with flexible brackets the come with kit or 3M tape which is already stuck to back of lights just need some 3M promoter from sherwin Williams Auto. If anyone needs any type of light just PM me and ill see if I can't find for ya. Like I said my step father has worked their now for like 20 some years so I get a good deal.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:06 PM by ArZFisher »

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 03:13 PM »

Green lights over the side, and we are talking psychedelic...
It's funny u say that. I got a drop over green light but I've been looking at these water proof green LEDs that mount on the under neath of boat  well mine would mount to side sine I got alumi. But last time I checked on them lil pricy but I will have one day. 4 of them 1 per corner. Then all ill need is a disco ball and slabs would be comeing up to dance. Lol ill see if I can't find the lights and post link they are badass. They only downfall is they only for surface can't drop down lower if needed.

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 06:24 PM »
Your lights look great...I did a similar thing in my boat last year. Got 2 36" strips at Pep Boys for like 18 $ Ea. Put one on each side below the over hang on the rod locker covers. They light up the lower interior of the boat but you can not see the lights themselves from the normal sitting positions in the boat so night blindness should not be a problem w/them.
I read once where bugs are attracted to the heat from the incandescent bulbs and not the light itself and therefore they should not be attracted to LED's. Not sure I am buying that? Anyone have and experience with this?
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 06:39 AM »
So got on water last night around 7pm. Water temp was 67 most of night. The lake is so full I almost didn't recognize some areas. Water is up to trees along the flats. If they leave like this it's going to make for some good fishing. Found a spot in echo dropped anchor and lights and started getting bites 45 mins in. Real real light bite missed first couple then got some fish on the boat. Mostly all female couple males we had 10-12 for night. We were siting in 30 ft of water fishing inbetween two points. Started 6.5 down minnow bobber then went to 3.5 ft all depths 10' and up in 30 ft of water were catching fish. My buddy was jigging all night bbc with minnow then just bbc nothing.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 06:46 AM »
thanks for the report, did the females still have their eggs? and did the males go black in the livewell or stay silver :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal