Author Topic: Is this Ship Rock at Bartlett?  (Read 7397 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Is this Ship Rock at Bartlett?
« on: April 25, 2013, 05:14 PM »
 :sign0104: I feel like a "noob" making a post like this, but I need this cleared up once and for all!! lol  :singing:

I have wondered what island up the river is considered Ship Rock. I did a quick search on the internet and the picture below is what pulled up as Ship Rock. Can I get confirmation that this is in fact Ship Rock at Bartlett Lake? 

« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 05:32 PM by PhishingPhreek »

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Is this Ship Rock at Bartlett?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 05:44 PM »
ya that looks like it? that picture was from when the lake was way down, can't miss it with the lake is at 99% drive up river and it sits right in the middle of the channel up from echo cove
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 05:51 PM »
Yeah, it was the only picture I was able to find on the internet that had it labeled as Ship Rock... Now you mention Echo. I always thought Echo was the  "Y-Shaped" cove between Crappie Cove and Cat Bay. What's that cove called? You would think that I should know all this considering how many times I've fished this lake!

Offline The Desert Rat

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 05:53 PM »
That is definitely Ship Rock---looks like the water level was 40% +/-

as stated, now stands tall in the middle of the cannel

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 05:56 PM »
I found a picture I took back in April 2010 when I was doing crappie surveys with Game and Fish. I believe this is what Ship Rock might look like right now....

as stated, now stands tall in the middle of the cannel

Thanks for the info Desert Rat. After talking to you and not being able to find it on Google Earth I figured a quick post here would clear all confusion I've ever had. lol
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 05:59 PM by PhishingPhreek »

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 05:57 PM »
yup echo is the Y shaped cove, go up from echo and stay in the middle of the channel as you past the island on the left and you will run right into ship rock literally :o

that picture must be from about 100% full
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 06:01 PM »
If what you're saying is correct Bruce, you should be able to see Echo in the background of this picture.
Maybe I just need to find my Bartlett map and memorize it.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 06:22 PM »
Alright, I believe I found a map that has all the correct details on it. I made a quick JPG of Bartlett up the river with labels so now I can actually visualize rather than maybe have a loose idea. :)

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 08:35 PM »
Yup just past echo cove right before Jack cove on left side of river as you go up river. Right now only see the very top. Have not been up their since last week thou on Sunday. If you are familiar with the trees just past no wake the ship rock just north of those. Got a pic for ya bass flats is where trees are etc...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 08:39 PM by ArZFisher »

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 05:02 AM »
amazing thing is 20+ years ago that was a deep channel on both sides of ship rock, through the years with big runoffs with the lake low the sand pile has built up around the rock itself

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal