Author Topic: Bartlett night jinx 5/4/13  (Read 3118 times)

Offline ArZFisher

Bartlett night jinx 5/4/13
« on: May 04, 2013, 12:38 AM »
So ya I got out to lake around 6 pm. Theirs a big flathead fishing tourney going on out their all weekend. I decided since I've been practicing cast net that I would skip the minnows and try to net up some shad. So first coves no shad in sight. Went over to left of cats to look for some and pulled into a lil cove and hit a boulder with prop enought to stop boat.   :banghead: could not believe it. First time I did this. I quickly shut off engine and trolled over to shore. Motor looked fine. Prop as still their in one piece. Wow. This lil nissian motor tough. I started it back up check for odd sounds and appears to be ok. Just got a lil flat ding in prop. So I went on found some shad and went to night spot. I dropped the lights and only small school of minnows showed up after 2 hrs. I threw my just rig out and right into tree  :violent1:  So I put rod aside and get later don't want to snap and lose everything. I pulled out other rod rigged it up and threw it in to the tree next to the other one  :angry4: At this point I have had enough. I pulled up anchor got my snags out and cruzed for dock before something real bad happens.  On the way out of spot 30 yards from me so many fish on finder!! I took pic its crazy.  Still went home. I had bad juju for the night or something. No slabs either.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Bartlett night jinx 5/4/13
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 06:33 AM »
I am starting to think that bartlett lake hates crappie fishermen :dontknow:

thanks for the report
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 09:48 AM »
And the lake is already dropping. Like someone said before its like the SRP guys need to leave either filled up right now or dropping. It they would just fill up lake and maintain it for summer I think the crappie fishing would be better. Also water is real murky with all the wind we had past couple days.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 02:23 PM »
crappie can react to water levels up and down except when they are spawning then if you drop the lake like SRP is doing now you potentially loose a spawn because the eggs are left high and dry, wish SRP cared about conservation as much as they talk they do :angry4:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal