Author Topic: Bartlett lake 5-11-13  (Read 9231 times)

Bob M

Bartlett lake 5-11-13
« on: May 11, 2013, 04:04 PM »
Metlbender and I hit it this morning at safe light.  When we arrived at the make ready at yellow cliffs there was a truck parked partially blocking the ramp, it belonged to a group of 3 guys camping at the little ramada right beside the ramp with sleeping bags out, a shade canopy up etc...  Guess TNF rangers somehow missed it when ticketing cars etc.  anyhooooo...  We headed to our first spot and picked up 3 quick fish then struggled and struggled some more.  Decided to head up the river and look around for what seemed like forever since we found nothing, no meter marks behind the island or anything, just shad balls everywhere.  Before calling it quits we went straight back to our first spot and picked up another quick 7.  In hindsight we should have never left the biting fish to find more.

Also caught 1 tiny channel cat and one tiny "blue", no fish seen behind the dumpster.  LOL

Lake was a zoo with boaters, Happy Mothers Day all!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Bartlett lake 5-11-13
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 04:19 PM »
Thanks Bob, at least you found a spot with some crappie.  One wonders how many you would have got if you had stayed there.  Haven't seen the lake since 40% so can't wait to get up there.

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 05:02 PM »
You didn't look behind the dumpster? That's the best spot on the lake.  :dontknow:

Thank for the report Bob. I had family in town From Malaysia and been real busy. Hit me up if you need a back seater.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 05:03 PM »
Appreciate the report Bob!  Glad to here somebody's catching a few. Now that our Lake Powell trip is in the books, time to get back on topic & start Crappie fishing again. Maybe a night trip next weekend now that I've gotten caught up on things.......

LLL

wadefisherman

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 05:09 PM »
Nice to hear of some slabs being caught, thinking of doing a night trip with Willie this week to Alamo.

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 10:12 PM »
Never leave fish to find fish. Although 10 crappie is a happy Crappie day.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 11:23 PM »
Metlbender and I hit it this morning at safe light.  When we arrived at the make ready at yellow cliffs there was a truck parked partially blocking the ramp, it belonged to a group of 3 guys camping at the little ramada right beside the ramp with sleeping bags out, a shade canopy up etc...  Guess TNF rangers somehow missed it when ticketing cars etc.  anyhooooo...  We headed to our first spot and picked up 3 quick fish then struggled and struggled some more.  Decided to head up the river and look around for what seemed like forever since we found nothing, no meter marks behind the island or anything, just shad balls everywhere.  Before calling it quits we went straight back to our first spot and picked up another quick 7.  In hindsight we should have never left the biting fish to find more.

Also caught 1 tiny channel cat and one tiny "blue", no fish seen behind the dumpster.  LOL

Great job with the tough bite out there!  I am not so sure I would know where to start with the lake at 100%, hopefully it will be back down to 50% by the time I get home.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 04:40 AM »

shocking that 3 inbreds would be blocking the launch ramp, TNF gets out on patrol so little you can call the non emergency number for sheriff their officers are out there more than TNF and will go down and gently wake the idiots and politely ask them to move :angry4:

thanks for the report Bob
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 06:53 AM »
Thanks for the report Bob, glad to hear you had some action, that is more than most lately it seems. What depth of water were you dragging your minnows in (if you don't mind sharing).
Thanks and good luck to all!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 08:19 AM »
we got our bottom bouncing minnows.
Now I've heard it all!  Always new techniques from you Bob. Thanks for the insight but not sure I'll be trying that one out soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal