Author Topic: Bartlett Lake open - Ramps closed  (Read 3787 times)

Offline gonfishin

Bartlett Lake open - Ramps closed
« on: October 06, 2013, 01:14 PM »
Went up today (Sun) in advance of a Monday planned fishing trip to check on rumors I've been hearing about ramp closures. Most everything is closed due to govt shutdown. Road to Yellow Clifts/Bartlett Flat is closed as is the main ramp parking area. You can launch at the Marina for $20. Way to go Politicians.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Bartlett Lake open - Ramps closed
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 01:35 PM »
Yeah sucks. I want to take my kids up and camp Tue-Wed during fall break.  I don't know camping situation so was going to call marina up Monday and see if there's any space for me to fit in. Don't mind camping on top of others and paying the $20 - not ideal but at least we get out there.  If you do end up going tomorrow, can you report how long it takes to dock, how crowded, etc.?  I'm guessing Tuesday would be about the same.

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 06:57 AM »
Thanks for sharing the information.
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline BloodyDuck2

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 02:42 AM »
Okay to give a little insight/ advise whatever you want to call it. I am not happy about the shut down but I am just saying that a Tonto pass is $10 a day for us usually. It is the goodness of the marina allowing us to be laughed from their ramp. It is insurance that dictates them launching and recovering us. $20 is what it cost me last week for 4 days of fishing so to ME it is way cheaper. Now back to my point. I am a ALL Around fisherman. I primarily fish for Flatheads because I seem to excel at it. I fish from a Pontoon whether I am Cat or Crappie or Bass fishing so I DO NOT set up camp. My boat IS my camp. I saw a few people at Bart being ticketed however because they were CAMPING on the shore. You are entitled to fish in the lake but the land is still our governments......SOOoooooo. If a camp is needed they are searching for you. Be careful.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 04:54 PM by Piscolli »
My name is "Bill" and I'm a Fishing ADDICT

Offline gonfishin

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 01:55 PM »
Where do they get the money to pay the dudes that give out the tickets. They must be "essential personnel".

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal