Author Topic: Bartlett 10/10  (Read 2861 times)

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
Bartlett 10/10
« on: October 10, 2013, 09:20 PM »
Launched at the marina ramp about 645. Boated 15 crappie, tossing 4 dinks, quite a few bass, couple of gils, and one cat back. All caught in the river channel in about 28 to 30 FOW. The weather sucked in the morning, but turned out to be a beautiful afternoon. Saw maybe 5 boats on the lake all day. Guess a cement truck ended up going into the lake off the main ramp. Guy got out OK, but truck is at the bottom of the ramp somewhere. Looked like a crane was being moved in to remove it on our way out.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Bartlett 10/10
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 09:23 PM »
Wow, great report!  Guess cold front doesn't matter at all - when they're biting they're biting.  Great job.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 06:33 AM »
One update....I did not get launched with the marina tractor. The gal at the marina store just told me to launch and recover myself. I didn't ask questions, just went with it. When we got back about 3 I did see the tractor putting a boat in.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 06:38 AM »
One update....I did not get launched with the marina tractor. The gal at the marina store just told me to launch and recover myself. I didn't ask questions, just went with it. When we got back about 3 I did see the tractor putting a boat in.

great report, the news showed the cement truck back out of the water sitting on the main ramp, lost his brakes :o since he came down the hill rather fast wonder if he took out the closed gates to the main launch ramp :dontknow: I would pay the $$ if I could launch myself and not disconnect the trailer and have them launch it :headbang:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 08:20 AM »
I didn't call before, because I wasn't to sure about the weather. We finally decided to go about 445am. I was worried, that there would be no one there to launch me that early. Thinking that it had been slow and they would go back to their regular hours of 8 to 4. Guess because I got there before the tractor driver, they let me go. I wasn't going to argue at all.
There was no gate, just crime scene tape across the entrance, and about 4 sheriff vehicles milling around down by the ramp.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 08:33 AM by sparkchaser »
SEA.....HAWKS....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal