Author Topic: Roosevelt Crappie Report ???  (Read 3720 times)

Offline SAM-RAI

• SAM-RAI Racing
Roosevelt Crappie Report ???
« on: October 29, 2013, 06:08 PM »
Rosy has been a hot spot for crappie from what I heard, but no one report anything. So what's the news guys?

Are you guys keeping it a secret?  ;D
The awaken soul now helping humanity in the ascension process. Wake up, humans!
www.humancolony.org   /   www.girk-fit-niir.com

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Roosevelt Crappie Report ???
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 05:52 AM »
don' think any of the club members have hit rosy in a while? but the reports from g and f reports show crappie being caught vertical jigging trees in 25+ feet of water with jigs :dontknow: no specific locations have been reported. Lot of lake to cover and a whole lot of trees at that depth :o
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 06:19 AM »
I think that initial report was based on a Roosevelt local who knows the lake like the back of his hand, found a spot w/ brush holding Crappie & had a good day.  Like Fishless mentioned, not a lot of us have fished Roosevelt lately & not much talk coming from Roosevelt other that the G&F's report.  Most of us have been "Rosy'ed" more often than not.  But there's still hope.........

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 11:24 AM »
Rambo and Angel boated 10 crappie verticle Friday but zipped in the wind Monday. Because Kasey's tournament's have goon fish pool (anything that is not a bass) and no one collected in the first tourney I have been checking out a couple of spots. I pulled into one near the dam last week and dropped down and caught a nice crappie right off the bat and left (gotta find more bass)! Monday with the wind already howling I hit another spot north of the dam and first drop down caught a 13" largemouth and second drop a very nice crappie, both in approx. 30 feet of water and a foot or so off the bottom. I couldn't hold so we left. If you look on structure on steep points is a good place and I found a bunch last Thursday stacked in the middle of coves on the north side of the Salt acroos the lake from Grapevine. .........Art

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal