Author Topic: Bartlett 12/23  (Read 3563 times)

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
Bartlett 12/23
« on: December 23, 2013, 05:20 PM »
Zero, zip, nada.....Not even a Crappie nibble today!  Fished all over the lake with only two fish caught and both by Christian.  He got a drink bass and then while jig fishing he thought he had a snag until it started taking drag, 20 minutes later we got it to the boat and it was a  flathead!  The tiny jig hook straightened out just as I was trying to put it in the boat and it was gone. Very rough estimate but I would say it was 10-12lbs easy, great fight on 4lb test.

Offline The Desert Rat

Re: Bartlett 12/23
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 05:23 PM »
Not good --did you graph Cat Bay?
They were moving and stacking up in the Bay the last 3 weeks---??????????????????

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 07:10 PM »
First cast (9:30 A.M.) with Road Runner,, NICE crappie. Third cast average bass. I still hadn't gotten' set up. Nice job John. Then it just STOPPED!!! 3 more hours in the trees,,, 2 more hours in Cat Bay. Not even a BITE! There is one crappie in Cat Bay because we released ours. I marked "something" from the no-wake buoys all the way to Cat Bay. All around 30 ft,,, shad or minnows I guess. No "stacking" anywhere. I did notice and fished 2 spots where these "shad or minnows" had "balled up" thinking they were being chased. Still nothing. Is this a good time of the year to fish bass at Pleasant??? Never tried it. I have a safer boat now. Merry Christmas!! :dance:
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 08:01 PM »
DesertRat, speed in cat Bay twice and didn't graph much.  If they are stacked in there I guess I was in the wrong spot. 

O, nice meeting you today!  I look forward to chatting again in the future.

Offline The Desert Rat

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 06:38 AM »
--if you met me, you were playing Golf---I was not on the lake --???

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 01:29 PM »
Interesting report Mac!  Thx for the post. Looks like the After Christmas Trip crew will have our work cut out for the 3.0 Moby search.....

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 09:35 PM »
--if you met me, you were playing Golf---I was not on the lake --???

I met Orrin, didn't see you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal