Author Topic: Saturday 01/04  (Read 6017 times)

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
Saturday 01/04
« on: January 03, 2014, 06:51 AM »
Marvin has got his boat fixed so we will be on the water Saturday 01/04 anyone coming out to play if so stop by say hi and tell us why our live well is empty and how to put some fish in it. We will probably be up river past the no wake buoys around the island in the trees. Silver and black triton

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
Re: Saturday 01/04
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 09:08 AM »
I may be rolling too. 

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 11:50 AM »
Something to think about. Caught 0 on Wednesday, (one sunfish - one bass), 16 on Friday (zero others), 7 on Saturday (zero others), 1 on Thursday (4 sunfish - 4 bass). I GUESS,, if you get any sun fish or bass,,, MOVE???
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 02:01 PM »
Something to think about. Caught 0 on Wednesday, (one sunfish - one bass), 16 on Friday (zero others), 7 on Saturday (zero others), 1 on Thursday (4 sunfish - 4 bass). I GUESS,, if you get any sun fish or bass,,, MOVE???
O, was that you there on the north end of the island yesterday. I thought I recognized the pole holders from your earlier post looks like they worked just fine. we were in the blue pontoon that passed by a couple of times. Saw you were getting some kind of action but didn't know what you were catching. Next time I will give out a shout to you.
GOD BLESS

Piscolli

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 02:34 PM »
I'm going tomorrow with Captain Rats.

Offline BloodyDuck2

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 04:45 PM »
Good Luck to every one going!
My name is "Bill" and I'm a Fishing ADDICT

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 09:40 PM »
My buddy and I will be their around 7- 7:30. Save us one or two slabs!!!

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 07:05 AM »
Yes that was me. The action was gills and dink bass. I gave my lone crappie to the guy in the john boat. Those rod holders work great! Rod tips are close to the water for the least possible resistance and always at the same angle. Same as spider rigging I guess,,, except off the side of the boat.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 07:36 AM »
Same as spider rigging I guess,,, except off the side of the boat.
I've seen that a lot.  As I fished the other day with my 6 1/2ft pole off the front side trolling not very deep I wondered how many fish weren't biting mine because my lure was so close to the boat.  I guess I could use my 14' or 16' but man those are a struggle to work with if in a snaggy area.

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 08:28 AM »
Same as spider rigging I guess,,, except off the side of the boat.
I've seen that a lot.  As I fished the other day with my 6 1/2ft pole off the front side trolling not very deep I wondered how many fish weren't biting mine because my lure was so close to the boat.  I guess I could use my 14' or 16' but man those are a struggle to work with if in a snag area.

I don't know how you mark your line or judge how deep you are. Here is what I do: Use thicker "carpet or button" thread. In snaggy areas look to see how deep it is to the brush. Tie a Bobber stop knot http://www.netknots.com/fishing_knots/bobber-stopper-knot/ at that depth. As you are fishing,,, if you don't snag up let out a little line WATCH THE KNOT! If you DO snag up,, wind IN a little line. I have had the best results (north of island) with my knot at the SECOND eyelet. This knot can be slid if needed,,, just wet it. When I was at a seminar held by Art C. He said to mark your line (for trolling) with a black magic marker at 50 feet so you can get back to the right depth ASAP. The mark is hard to see. I pre tie my knots at home. One knot at 15 feet and one knot at 40 ft. These knots are easier to see than a mark on the line. AND,,, if you break off,,, or find a constant depth,, you can slip the knot to be at your rod tip for the right depth. One more advantage of the knot,,, you can add a slip bobber and you are at the right depth right NOW. Here is the slip bobber that I found to be the cat's a__. http://www.gapen.com/Gapen_Bobber_Anne_Float_p/float-anne.htm These can be attached or removed without re-tieing your rig. I use the bigger float,, just add a little more wt so just the top bulb is above water,,, and the line slips through faster. So it's bobber on to fish out farther or bobber off to straight line fish. Hope this helps.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal