Author Topic: Bartlett 01/04/14  (Read 8422 times)

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
Bartlett 01/04/14
« on: January 04, 2014, 04:00 PM »
Christian and I hit up Barlett this morning at first light.  Went straight to the no wake bouy line and started graphing fish so I shut down the big motor and set up to spider rig. Slow trolled to the island with only bass and bluegill caught.  Met up with some other Club folks behind the island and started bobber fishing.  Left the lake at 1230ish, we caught 14 nice Crappie and gave them to a family of four that was also fishing in that area. Great day on the water and nice to see some familiar faces.

wadefisherman

Re: Bartlett 01/04/14
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 05:32 PM »
Nice! Bout time u got into em.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 08:08 PM »
any walrus seen swimming today :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 08:35 PM »
any walrus seen swimming today :dontknow:

:lol_hitting:  Maybe a Polar Bear sighting also……

Very nice job guys!  What I find interesting is all the different techniques people are using.  Proves you can't be a one dimensional fisherman these days.  Kudos to sharing your catch!

LLL
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:10 PM by cousinlll »

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 08:57 PM »
Yes to both of you! I am interested to see how many they ended up with.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 07:42 AM »
Yes to both of you! I am interested to see how many they ended up with.

It was good to see everyone out there again.  Marv and Mark caught 13 I think on bobbers .  I started fishing around 10:00 and ended up with 3 between Colt and I.  I left around 2:00 PM  .  I think Piscolli and Tommy Rats ended up with 10 mostly trolling.  Nice to see those quality fish get caught at Bart.   

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 07:56 AM »
Thanks everyone for keeping us updated. Nice to hear of some great catches again. Hope the bite hangs in there and the lake doesn't drop too fast or too far. See you out there.
GOD BLESS

Piscolli

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 08:34 AM »
I think we took 8 home, all really nice too. Captain Rats caught most of them.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 06:47 AM »
we trolled too. no bobber fishin like the wee little kiddies do either. although we tried to no avail at billys insistence after wed score 6 fish trollin, wtf, but hes da man, so we tossed the bobber into the trees but I couldn't sit still for more than an hour. maybe if we sat there staring at the bobber another hour wed of scored, indeed all others were being bit and immac and chris were pounding em but no we caught em trolling. all of them trolling. and I don't believe the water went down much at all between the last two weekends. somehow our ten turned into eight when we arrived at piscolis, must be a hole in the livewell. a big hole. 3 fishes in the 2lb+ category frickin nice baby! good too see a lot of the crew on the water.
ethics question . were trollin this area and its tight maybe 200 square yards. were trollin a triangle pattern on the tree edge. some wad with a bobber plops in on one of the trees in your trolling pattern. soon another then another and now were forced away from our pattern entirely and can no longer fish the edge of the trees. thus the troller always looses to the still fishin waddling. is it kosher to tell the little kiddies that were trollin that area and just cruise through their 20 yard diameter circle that I would normally allow. indeed Friday some dude from Wisconsin popped into the bottom third of the pattern and startd wingin a bobber about 30 yards to the edge of the trees. does the dude own the area or can I take my turn trollin my pattern and tell him im coming by and to pull that pos boober back im coming through.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 07:32 AM »
Chrsitian and I stayed in the trees for that very reason.  Not eveyone is like minded when it comes to things like that. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal