Author Topic: Bartlett 1/26  (Read 2301 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Bartlett 1/26
« on: January 26, 2014, 07:39 PM »
So we headed to Bartlett this morning and got there about 8am.  Headed straight past the no wake buoys on the other side of the island by the trees in 12 foot of water.  Wow a lot lower than a month ago.  And where is everybody?  One guy there and that's it and he's fishing bobbers.  We trolled and picked up a few bass and sunfish.  Hmmm - that didn't happen last time.  Something's different about this place since last time.  Saw menrats and nature boy in Tom's boat and and Timbo and his wife in theirs. Decided let's try this bobber fishing so we did for about an hour and caught a couple bass and sunfish but no crappie.  Went back to trolling and picked up 5 slabs and it shutoff by noon-ish.  Don't recall more than 5 or 6 boats behind that island and didn't see much caught.  Ours caught on 1/8oz jigs with various colors hitting tips of trees in 10ft of water... with minnows.  Actually one caught on bare hook with minnow.

Tried other side of the island down until the trees stopped, and tried more at the entrance of the no wake buoys and then tried Cat Bay.  Not much going on in Cat Bay from what I can see on my finder.  Actually I forgot my mom caught a catfish so that makes sense (cat bay).

Beautiful day to be out on the water.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal