Author Topic: Annual Alamo lake clean up March 1st  (Read 3596 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Annual Alamo lake clean up March 1st
« on: February 01, 2014, 06:06 AM »
This is actually a fun event :dance:, two of us from the crappie club have been going the last several years. Your camping and launching fees are waved by state parks :headbang:. A lot of people will launch and fish some then beach the boat and pick up some trash in bags then go back to fishing. Several boats from g and f will be on the lake to get trash from you so you don't have to return to the launch ramp. You can spread out and hit the shoreline if you don't have a boat. Stew the wildlife manager for alamo lake does a great job organizing this event :angel:. You don't have to work 6-8hrs straight, take a break. The steak dinner in the evening and the raffle is fantastic :toothy10:. You would be surprised how much trash gets picked up during the course of the day.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C l e a n   u p
Alamo Lake
March 1, 2014

Registration – begins at 6 pm on Friday, February 28 at the Alamo Lake Group Use Area Cholla Campground

Cleanup work – 8 am till 3pm on Saturday March 1

Bring a pair of gloves

Arizona State Parks will waive the camping and boat launch fees for registered cleanup participants staying at the Cholla Group Use Area.  Other facilities are available at the regular rates.  If you have a boat, bring it along.  The Arizona Game & Fish Department will operate a boat for the collection of large shoreline litter. Dinner and a raffle will be held Saturday night for the participants.

If you can help with the raffle door prizes, please notify the contact below.

Bring your camping gear, and join the fun

Contact – Stewart Kohnke, Wildlife Manager
(928) 856-0706
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 06:09 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline freshwater

Re: Annual Alamo lake clean up March 1st
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 07:26 PM »
Fishless do you go thru Wickenburg. If so could you pay special attention to the road condition to Alamo. PLEASE. :headbang: When we come down for SCF we thought it might be nice to stop in there as we come thru Wickenburg anyway. Thanx in Advance even if it don't work out, If you don't usually go that way don't be concerned. We'll have a 28ft trailer and 20ft pontoon 2 rigs.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Annual Alamo lake clean up March 1st
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 06:33 AM »
Fishless do you go thru Wickenburg. If so could you pay special attention to the road condition to Alamo. PLEASE. :headbang: When we come down for SCF we thought it might be nice to stop in there as we come thru Wickenburg anyway. Thanx in Advance even if it don't work out, If you don't usually go that way don't be concerned. We'll have a 28ft trailer and 20ft pontoon 2 rigs.

all good just that round about in Wickburg confuses drivers but other than that everything good road wise :dance:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal