Author Topic: bartlett  (Read 3813 times)

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
bartlett
« on: February 18, 2014, 12:03 PM »
I fished Bartlett with my old man and his buddy Sun PM 2/16 and Mon Am 2/17.  Fishing was slow on Sunday afternoon.  Only picked up one small bass trolling.  Monday morning was a bit more exciting with 3 nice 2.5 lb bass, and 3 slab crappie each about 2 lbs.   Lots of people were fishing the trees with bobbers.  Didn't see much action with the bobber fisherman.  We caught all fish trolling 1/16th oz with bbc tipped.  Water temp got up to 56 in the afternoon.    Most fished graphed were around 20' with some hanging around 10-15' and a few at 7'.  All fish caught were between 7-10' over about 15 to 20 feet of water.  Not the best catch ever but it was much better than a skunk.
Rocky

Offline meatwagon

Re: bartlett
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 12:25 PM »
I took my old man out Sunday as well, we trolled up and down along the Island from 8:30 till 4 pm . We picked up 12 keepers and 2 dinks + 2 bass, dragging 1/8 oz. jigs at 1.3 mph. to get our baits running 8 ft. picked them up in 12 to 20 ft. of water. We did see some of the bobber fisherman picking up some fish near the trees. the weather was perfect.

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 01:35 PM »
Great stuff, guys!
Thanks for sharing.

meatwagon, welcome to the site!
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 01:58 PM »
I took my old man out Sunday as well, we trolled up and down along the Island from 8:30 till 4 pm . We picked up 12 keepers and 2 dinks + 2 bass, dragging 1/8 oz. jigs at 1.3 mph. to get our baits running 8 ft. picked them up in 12 to 20 ft. of water. We did see some of the bobber fisherman picking up some fish near the trees. the weather was perfect.

Yeah I heard Sunday AM was better than Monday AM.  Sounds like you picked yours up the same way we did and at the same place. Nice work! Wish we had 12 keepers... It seems like there are more bigger than smaller crappie this year.   The last couple of years most of what I caught were dinks!  The slabs are back in Bartlett.  :dance:
Rocky

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal