Author Topic: Launching at Jojoba ramp  (Read 3522 times)

Offline gonfishin

Launching at Jojoba ramp
« on: April 28, 2014, 10:19 PM »
Arrived at the launch point next to the closed Jojoba ramp at around noon. Sign at entrance to the point said "no parking". Several vehicles with boat trailers were parked on the point and Mr. TNF was there advising newcomers that parking on the point was not allowed but launching was OK. My partner had to drive to the paved parking lot to park. Upon departing at about 7:00pm the feared red snow fence had been placed across half of the entrance to the point with enough left on the ground to close it off completely. (Left partially open to allow remaining vehicles on the point to exit, I guess) Who knows why TNF has to do what they do with no explanation but if they close the point launching area be prepared to try SB cove or Bartlett Flat. >:(

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Launching at Jojoba ramp
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 05:33 AM »
Normally TNF has two no parking signs down near the bottom of the hill near the point so idiots don't park where people turn around to launch there boat but you can normally park up the gravel point above those two signs :dontknow:

I think TNF is reacting to the large releases SRP is doing right now out of horse shoe lake, bartlett is probably going to be rising 2-3 vertical feet per day if SRP keeps these large releases going out of horseshoe lake :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline gonfishin

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 11:09 AM »
Now that the lake has come up 8 feet, are any of the ramps open?

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 02:15 PM »
Now that the lake has come up 8 feet, are any of the ramps open?

Ea gonefishin if you go to this link you can check to see where the water levels ate at ramps.
Just click link. It will take u to a SRP WEBSITE. Then just click the most recent day the calenders. Then scroll down to bottom and it will tell u where levels sre compared to ramps.  Also has a lot of other useful info. http://www.srpwater.com/dwr/

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 03:36 PM »
call the cave creek office of TNF they will tell you if the main ramp is open, SB cove ramp will take a lot more water elevation to open.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal