Author Topic: Question on 2 cycle boat motor  (Read 8648 times)

Offline Rob

Re: Question on 2 cycle boat motor
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 07:54 AM »

Yup if it has been sitting a long time change the impeller they will go bad sitting (dry out etc.) I know a lot of people that run sea foam through the engine by way of the carb to clean out built up carbon in the engine, not sure exactly how it is done? look that up on google search
[/quote]

When I started it that was the first thing I looked for, if water was being pumped good. It was pumping good, water flow increased when motor speed was increased. I think Its good for a little longer.

Piscolli

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 08:03 AM »
Rob, if it been sitting the impeller could tear at any time. And when it happens you could burn up the engine. Change it bro.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 04:12 PM »
if you did it with the suction cups and garden hose on it will look fine water under pressure, if you did it in a garbage can and let the engine pull the water up then it may be OK but sitting a long time as Piscolli said it could go and if it does it will always do it at the farthest away from the launch ramp as it can.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal