Author Topic: Alamo 3-14  (Read 3560 times)

Offline Gillybob

Alamo 3-14
« on: March 14, 2015, 03:55 PM »
Was only out for a few hours this morning, had the step son out for the first time.  No luck yet.  Few people were catching bass.  Visibility of the water had gotten better. I say about 12" last Sat was about 4 imo. Didn't get up around the bouy line kinda trolled around the Damon and some coves.  Shad was active near the shore near the dam.  Plan on going back and camping next weekend.
Wish I could tell everyone that all you have to do is put a hook in but not yet.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Alamo 3-14
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 07:09 PM »
was the launching and parking lots busy?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Gillybob

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 09:50 AM »
The launch was full for sure and camping looked full as well. I had to park on the upper level. Idk about Cholla launch.

Offline Mike / T

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 05:15 PM »
After following what appears to be people catching at Alamo , I had a couple questions.
 Do you need any special permits aside from the normal license and Tonto pass and can you fish overnight on the lake without any issues.

For what it's worth we went to Rosie today 8:00am - 2:00pm. Launched at Windy. Fished the Hill and went over to Solome cove. Went through it and went back to the west side of the lake..............not even a sniff...... hate to say but did not even get a snag.

I have to have another plan.   Any thoughts?????

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 05:38 PM »
Don't need a Tonto pass.  Just pay at the pay station on the way in.   

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 08:27 PM »
Yup like he said alamo is a (state park) so TNF permit does you no good. If you get there during the day you can buy permit at the store and grab minnows (if they are not out) if after hours or launching at Cholla you can use the remote pay station (have exact change) it will ask if you on the envelope are for day use or 24hrs, make sure you buy the permit they do cite up there.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal