Author Topic: Interesting malfunction and education on Terrova TM  (Read 10404 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Interesting malfunction and education on Terrova TM
« on: April 28, 2015, 08:20 AM »
I found out in gale force winds even when your TM battery indicator is showing 0 charge left the Terrova will still work for a while but not at full speed :dontknow:
During this foray I stop and deploy TM and as soon as it comes out of the bracket it is trying to get back in the boat :o the constant speed is stuck on only thing I could do was control TM movement (turned slow) and tried messing with foot pedal, due to dying battery only thing I could do was turn down control speed switch to 0 to stop it from running. I thought maybe due to the battery with in minutes of dying that the controller went nuts. After I left the lake and got home I looked at the foot pedal and noticed the ( spring loaded constant switch) was not moving up and and down completely :dontknow: took foot pedal carefully apart and a small rock had gotten in the gap between the constant switch and the side of the foot pedal and lodged below it. Got rock out and TM appears to be fine now, realized that if not for gale force winds and only a few more minutes to fish I could of disconnected the foot pedal and just used my remote (which I don't use often other than for GPS lock)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline azbohunter

Re: Interesting malfunction and education on Terrova TM
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 10:39 AM »
Interesting Fishless, the entire time I was reading this I was thinking, I have never, in two years, plugged my foot control in, I don't even know if it works? I used to carry it with me just in case, like the battery in the remote died, but then I carry a spare battery for the remote so now I don't carry the foot pedal at all?
Just proves we are  creatures of habit!
Glad you are not afraid to investigate a malfunction, many would just say it quit! Good job.... :D
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 11:49 AM »
Interesting Fishless, the entire time I was reading this I was thinking, I have never, in two years, plugged my foot control in, I don't even know if it works? I used to carry it with me just in case, like the battery in the remote died, but then I carry a spare battery for the remote so now I don't carry the foot pedal at all?
Just proves we are  creatures of habit!
Glad you are not afraid to investigate a malfunction, many would just say it quit! Good job.... :D
Where did you get your spare battery for your remote?
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline freshwater

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 12:55 PM »
Hate to say it but when I didn't find them I paid the price at Cabelas. 9:00+ for two--- 2032

Offline freshwater

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 01:00 PM »
forgot to say it but I now have a spare in my tackle box so if somebody needs one I've got one as long as the # is 2032 :toothy10:

Offline sandman

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 01:24 PM »
Got my spares at CVS.  My iPilot uses CR2450. My old CoPilot used the CR2032.

You may have to bend the tabs up a little to make the CR2450 work if you can't find a CR2450N.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 01:44 PM »
My Ilink takes a 3.7V 1200mah replacement. Any suggestions local?
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 02:43 PM »
amazing about creatures of habit, I don't troll and fishing shore line or chasing striper boils I am using the foot control only 99.9% of the time :o
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 02:48 PM »
My Ilink takes a 3.7V 1200mah replacement. Any suggestions local?
Try batteries plus
GOD BLESS

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 03:25 PM »
I like the foot pedal when trolling because I feel it has a much, much finer tuning ability.

Batteries Plus had my 2032 when I needed it but don't know of the others.
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal