Author Topic: Boat Bow LED Lighting  (Read 6450 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Boat Bow LED Lighting
« on: August 20, 2015, 10:41 PM »
With all the changes I'm making to my boat I lost my bow light.  I figured it might be a good time to look into other options. Does anyone have a Red/Green LED kit attached to the bow of their boat or know someone that has? Before I go and get it I want to make sure it's worth my while.

This is a picture of it and below is the URL to what I'm looking at on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ILYUQVA/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_CGR1vbW3354PV

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Boat Bow LED Lighting
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 05:04 AM »
Louis over on the zone they have discussed that set up including lights inside the boat and compartments including brands how easy to install etc. I have seen several boats out on Pleasant at O dark 30 with some impressive LED lights on them for night fishing and interior lights almost looks like a new marina in the middle of the lake :o
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline whaler

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 08:13 AM »
i have a 17 in. bow light off a lowe deck boat free if it will fit has three holes in a triangle

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 10:50 AM »
i have a 17 in. bow light off a lowe deck boat free if it will fit has three holes in a triangle

Thanks Jack! It will probably fit, but I'll have to check it out on my boat first.

I'm still interested to hear if anyone has input on the LED set up though. I've been converting everything I have to LED (house, motorhome, Christmas lights) because of their brightness and little energy consumption.

Offline whaler

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 11:14 AM »
i looked it up its a perko 2nm

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 12:09 PM »
I really love any light thats LED. I have been switching my lights on my boat out one by one to Leds. Night fishing I used to use almost 2 optima blue tops a trip. Now maybe use 1 blue top a night. Pretty soon every light on my boat will be LEDS.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 12:36 PM »
I really love any light thats LED. I have been switching my lights on my boat out one by one to Leds. Night fishing I used to use almost 2 optima blue tops a trip. Now maybe use 1 blue top a night. Pretty soon every light on my boat will be LEDS.

I just switched out all the 1141 incandescent bulbs in my motorhome with some LED bulbs I found on Amazon and love it. I did the math based on power consumption, and I'm able to run every light in the motorhome and I'll still be drawing less amps than running only 1 of the dual light fixtures with the incandescent bulbs. I can't wait to get more LED lights set around the boat. I'm considering adding a bunch of marine grade strips (similar to the ones this whole post about) around the inside of the boat and in compartments so I don't have to wear headlamps all the time.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 09:28 AM »
Interesting note Loius, Phx fire ambulances that were using strobes and incandescent warning lights for years were pulling 96-98 amps :o and would eat even big alternators and the heavy 12volt cabling they had to run  to junction blocks were incredible. Now in 2015 with the newer units and having the same light set up but with LED lights they pull 11amps :o so if you are looking at saving batteries etc. that is for sure the way to go :headbang:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 10:30 AM »
Interesting note Loius, Phx fire ambulances that were using strobes and incandescent warning lights for years were pulling 96-98 amps :o and would eat even big alternators and the heavy 12volt cabling they had to run  to junction blocks were incredible. Now in 2015 with the newer units and having the same light set up but with LED lights they pull 11amps :o so if you are looking at saving batteries etc. that is for sure the way to go :headbang:

LEDs in general are just fantastic. Use less energy, often times brighter, and have a much longer life span.

I ended up ordering these LED bow strips. They were shipped today and should be in sometime in the next week. Hopefully I can get them installed and use them at least once before elk hunting. (I mark that as the end of my 2015 fishing season)

Offline whaler

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 12:01 PM »
good luck on your hunt i will be in 4a with friends that drew out for archery.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal