Author Topic: New to AZCA  (Read 3168 times)

Offline onthefly

New to AZCA
« on: February 18, 2011, 08:11 PM »
I've been over at AZBZ for a few years and keep lurking over here, so I thought it's time to sign up, my son and I do a lot of fishing (mostly Bass) but we fish for almost anything that wants to play, we had a good day at Sag. this last weekend catching good size Blue Gill in the 7-9" range in 50' of water, we brought home over 50 of the bigger ones to hold us over for a while, last summer we hammerd the Strpers on swimbaits, and mostly focused on lake Plez. we did some Crappie fishing over in California but not so much here, we've stumbled on a couple of good bites at Plez. but that's about it, so this is the year for us to do more Crappie fishing or at least try, I'm looking forward to lerning a few things here to help us succeed
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 08:16 PM by onthefly »

Offline TRITOON

Re: New to AZCA
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 08:35 PM »
Welcome aboard. We are all about sharing information and enjoying time together. Good luck. See you on the water, look for the big blue pontoon with the crazy blond woman in the back catching all the fish while the disgusted bald fat man in the front just hangs his head and nets her fish.
GOD BLESS

Offline ScottyD

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 09:06 PM »
Welcome. I'm fairly new to AZCA as well but I've learned a lot already about crappie fishing in Arizona from this site. I live near lake Pleasant and have only gotten into a few crappie there, seems like it's a tough lake for that, but every now and then I hear about people getting into them there. I wouldn't mind getting into some of those bluegill you caught, that's for sure, just as tasty as crappie IMO. I'm at Pleasant a decent amount since it's only 15 mins from my house, I'm the guy with the canoe and trolling motor trying to make it work until I get my boat, LOL. Holler if you see me up there.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 05:40 AM »
Welcome aboard the "mellow" zone
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 07:40 AM »
Exactly, this forum is great.  I've found some very helpful people willing to share insights and help each other out.  Try and make the March or April open meetings at Roosevelt Lake as there you'll meet members of AZCA and hopefully have a great weekend catching crappie.... we can only hope. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal