Author Topic: Minn Kota troll motor (terrova) I pilot-auto pilot  (Read 5976 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Minn Kota troll motor (terrova) I pilot-auto pilot
« on: February 20, 2011, 06:23 PM »
I think someone or several people got the I-pilot/auto pilot troll motor from minn kota?
The terrova model comes with a foot control pedal etc. along with all the holding position and retracking over a course neat GPS stuff with that large remote control unit (think it would launch a missle?

my question is if you want to just fish shore line "manually" working the shore casting and working the foot pedal like the old (standard trolling motors of the past) can you shut off I-pilot and auto pilot and go into the "manaul mode" and just use the trolling motor in foot control mode? minn kota website really does not talk about that.

thanks
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:24 PM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
Re: Minn Kota troll motor (terrova) I pilot-auto pilot
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 05:08 AM »
you can even use you remote and foot pedal together. I think the models with hard
wire control works better for beating the bank. My I-pilot doesn't react as fast as my old hard wired
motorguide. But for trolling its the way to go.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 06:27 AM »
thanks for the info guys, I talked to Art C. last night (he is having problems signing on either on the zone or here) he has the newest terrova and loves it and says you can shut down the I-pilot and auto pilot and just use the foot control in the manual mode like working the shore line, I asked how do you like the foot control, he said don't know I have it stored in a plastic bag in a compartment :o don't think I will ever use it the I pilot and auto pilot work sooooo good when bass fishing he directs the motor to location then hits location lock and there he sits till ready to move. :headbang:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 07:57 PM »
I have the AP and love it. Some day, when I'm older and have money I would like to get the iPilot. lol

I've worked banks pretty good, if not better, with the AP on and off. What's great about the Terova is that the head won't move because of the current like a mechanical one would it holds a true spot. Uses a ton less battery too.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 06:38 AM »
i just scored the powerdrive w/ipilot. which is basically the same only 300 cheaper because no foot control comes with. so now i put my feet up on my gear bag or cruise arpund the boat instead of dancing on the pedal all the time. there is no bulky foot pedal taking up space and cutting up my carpet. nice.
the only neg ive found so far is with the autopilot on gps i can get a fishtail back and forth action as the motor overcorrects if you will. setting it to the compass autopilot helps some. anyone else notice this or am i missing something? either way im pleased as punch. just cruisin sc with it so far so the tracking i havent done but that should be beauty for ridge running for summer eyes on apache.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 08:08 AM »
if you bring your outboard up while trolling or moving boat will fish tail, if in deep enough water leave the outboard down and straight helps keep the back of the boat from wondering, when I looked at posts the guys said the terrova was the way to go over the other models from minn kota plus like the idea of having the sonar puck in the troll motor have cut my transducer cord like 4 times through the years and they are like $60 bucks everytime I do it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal