Author Topic: AZ Sportsmen's Expo  (Read 3507 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
AZ Sportsmen's Expo
« on: February 22, 2011, 10:10 PM »
Anyone going to the AZ Sportsmen's Expo this weekend?  I'm heading up Friday.  I've never been there but have a few fishing supplies and other odds and ends to pick up so hopefully make it worth the $15 fee to get in.  Anyone ever gone to this one or the AZ Game and Fish Outdoor Expo in March?  Not sure which one is better but right now I plan to hit both of them.  They have the schedule posted and Art is presenting Crappie fishing at Roosevelt at 3:30 on Friday so I may stop by then.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: AZ Sportsmen's Expo
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 04:46 AM »
the ISE show this weekend is pretty weak, most vendors are guides pushing fishing and hunting packages. If you can time it to see Art Chamberlain do his presentation that is good, the hook up fishing store is good (for bass stuff) but the rest is pretty weak.

The game and fish show at Ben Avery is the best price in town (free) and is a good overall show, with guns, archery, animals, displays a neat show with a little bit of all sorts of things well worth the price :lol_hitting:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 10:02 AM »
Going to see Art is well worth it but the rest of the show is just OK.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 07:52 PM »
Fishless, exactly right.  I sped through all of the exhibits in probably 20 minutes and spent the whole time watching all of the presentations/seminars at the aquarium.  For me, it got me excited about bass fishing and getting my setup ready, but probably not too much new stuff for the experienced bass fisherman.  They did have plastic worms and other plastics on sale for $0.99 a bag and that was a deal, but even then I think it was mostly the colors they normally have trouble selling.  I did learn a few things in Art's presentation and was good to meet him.  I'm updating my crappie setup (again).  Hitting Cabelas while I was up there was fun.  And, I hit Bass Pro on my way home so it was definitely a fun filled and slightly expensive day.

Offline Halibut Warrior

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 09:31 PM »
Rio Salado Sportsmans Club (Usary Mountain) is having a Flea Mkt all weekend too, if you are looking for Shooting Sports stuff. I commited to a table so I'll be there. Gotta move a few guns otherwise I would be at BP with the Crappie boys.  I will miss that. :sad1:

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 06:33 AM »
I see there is also a old west gun show and sales etc. with western shooting etc. this weekend at Ben Avery shooting range, think it is free also
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal